“Disappointing Steak but the wine was good.”
Review of Hux Dining

Hux Dining
Ranked #8 of 26 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2017

Wandered in after a movie. Staff were pleasant. 8.30pm on a Saturday immediately told kitchen closing 9pm so we need to order. Thats fine. We ordered a couple of steaks my friend had the Fillet and I ordered the 300g Grass Fed Sirloin. Quite some time later they came back to say there wasn't any sirloin could they give me the Scotch (at the same price). I looked at the menu and said no I prefer grass fed beef so opted for the rump. We asked for medium rare on the rare side but not blue. The service was fine. The wine was good. It was a handpicked cabernet sauvignon from the Coonawarra. The steaks arrived with a sauce separately as requested. The steak was medium with just the slightest hint of pink. Disappointing. It was also tougher than i'm used to again disappointing. The sauce was not good at all "diane" was disappointing. Would I go back - probably not because I truly love my beef and hate it when it is not done well. Might have been a bad night. Im not slamming it but with some tweaking it could be good.
I wanted it to be good.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

When you want a good steak, you go to Hux. We are lucky to live just a short train ride from Roseville, so Hux is our place to go when we want a nice relaxed evening sipping good wine and eating good, simple food. The staff are always very welcoming and friendly, and everything is always served quickly and exactly how you asked - i.e. they know what "medium rare" means! Already looking forward to my next visit. Thanks, Hux!

Reviewed 14 November 2016

Went for dinner about 8 on a Thursday night and it was pretty much empty. Only one waitress on, who was absolutely lovely - smiling and attentive. They had a good selection of wines, the Central Ranges white was beautiful. I ordered the grilled chicken which came with chips and salad ($26). There was too much chargrill flavour for my liking, but aside from that the chicken was cooked well and the salad was fresh. Definitely a nice little dinner spot if you're in the area.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

Honestly - if the owners of this place spent a few dollars re-writing and re-printing the menu, and zhoozhed up the place, it would be packed every night. Get in there before they do that - because you won't be able to get a table and the prices will go up by 50%. For the size and quality of their meal they must be making a big loss on a lot of the dishes on the menu.
My Dad has eaten here at least 6 times and he has always been delighted with the food.
The lunchtime meal deals are amazing value and the evening menu is varied and well priced. Don't be put off by the rather unstylish decor and menu - once you get your plate in front of you you'll be super impressed. Great size portions and quality ingredients cooked brilliantly. I never usually order a steak, but I had the t-bone and it was absolutely delicious.
I can't recommend this place highly enough.

1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed 30 July 2016

I suspect our waitress was new to the role and learning and everyone has to learn so closer supervision would have been a better outcome. Still it impacted on the evening...to the extent that I received the wrong meal. Ordered the Wagyu Rump and got the lesser rump cut. The first one I sent back because it was Med-Well not Med-rare. Second one was cooked well but not what I ordered. Asking for water happened twice before I got up and secured some and plates were being cleared as we were eating. Just not a good look I'm afraid. Being a local and reading the reviews I was hoping for something better. Might give Hux another go with a bunch of meat eaters in the family...but probably not.