Apley Farm Shop - Food Hall, Cafe, Playbarn
Open today: 09:30 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Not a great welcome

Although the restaurant part was not full, some of the staff seemed harassed and not particularly... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Karen_Kingswinford
West Country, England
via mobile
Friday breakfast

Group of six of us pre-booked for breakfast. We were very impressed with the quality of the food... read more

Reviewed 2 February 2022
jillrr66
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews play barn pork pie pumpkin picking regular visitors pot of tea soft play well worth a visit value for money fresh produce pumpkin patch young children pumpkins farm halloween fab
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 December 2019 via mobile

On arrival at Apley Farm Shop (we are regular visitors) we were worried as Santa’s grotto was well set up but it was in a portable building up two steep steps! I am a non ambulant wheelchair user and was worried that I wouldn’t be able to take my son in despite pre-booking. He is two years old and quite shy so he wouldn’t have gone in without me. On speaking to staff they were very helpful and actually made a ramp there and then to enable me to take my son in to see Santa! Santa was really good! Very realistic and very good with kids. My son also received a really nice gift which was a lot better quality than some of the toys we have had from grottos in the past! Thanks again to all the staff that helped to make this possible!!

Reviewed 21 December 2019

Went for breakfast with Santa this morning. Took my two nieces and my foster brother who has special needs as well as medical conditions that means he gets overwhelmed by new busy situations. The staff, especially Sophie ensured we were seated quickly and went to the grotto first to ensure there was full enjoyment of the experience. The food was delicious and the staff were all so lovely even so early in the morning! Thank you for putting on a great experience. we'll be sure to come back next year. ⛄

Date of experience: December 2019
LordGavin, Owner at Apley Farm Shop - Food Hall, Cafe, Playbarn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2019

Sooo happy to hear this & thank you for your lovely feedback. It's really helpful & means so much to our staff. Happy Christmas !

Reviewed 18 December 2019

We went last Tuesday with friends, I went for the pork pies which are very tasty, my friend wanted faggots but at £11 for 4-bit expensive , asked them why?. I also bought some chicken which when we got home the smell was overpowering, didn't want the chicken back but would not give me my money over the phone so I had to drive back and get it.No apology. Now the worst part of our visit Eggs benedick in the cafe
4 of us with 8 hard pouched eggs not much sauce so they were very dry. I have asked why twice but no reply which I find very rude.

1  Thank robertsearles1
Reviewed 16 December 2019

Attended Breakfast with Santa this year for the first time, started at 8am we walked from our car to meet a staff member who guided us through to the cafe where the breakfast was going to be served. Tables where set and decorated with Christmas crackers.

Food was a buffet style but a choice of adult or kids size not a help yourself buffet, staff serving buffet a bit pushy.. beans were cold, sausage not good quality, only one choice of egg (scrambled). The white bread ran out, coffee was stone cold! And also ran out. Food was a real let down, we were regular attendees to Apley and back in 2016 the food was the best I had eaten! It’s really changed a lot!

Santa in the grotto was nice and traditional this was the best but thank fully Santa was one of the best we have been to! We did opt for photos to the member of staff on the door but until later we didn’t realise that many other family’s had a lot more photos than us we only had one family picture that was acceptable the other three had eyes closed or blurred... other people had photos of the children talking to Santa etc.. I’m not sure why we didn’t get the opportunity for this?

Santa’s presents were not good at all! My baby had a teddy gingerbread man worth less than £1. And my 3 Year old a paint your own unicorn she had one of these free with a magazine recently poss no more than £3 worth.

Overall we were disappointed for paying £20 per child and £15 per adult, we were told on the day to pay a further £5 for the baby’s present and told by the manager that we didn’t need to as it was Christmas which we thought was lovely till we saw the gift provided! If I had pairs the £5 I would have definitely complained...

My advice is don’t go to the meals but see Santa separate.

Reviewed 15 December 2019

Took my five year old boy to have breakfast with Santa here yesterday and it was a wonderful experience. The breakfast was delicious, the staff were very helpful and friendly. The children had plenty of time to play in the play-barn in between visiting Santa’s grotto. Sophie the manager was amazing, she was so friendly and made everyone feel really welcome. Would definitely go again next year! Thank you Sophie and the Apley team