Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
eDreams
US$540
View deal
Free cancellation until 26/09/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Orbitz.com
Priceline
All reviews la luna plunge pool outdoor bathroom balinese massage deluxe cottage our honeymoon the cottages ravioli italian food open air rainforest hike yoga classes breakfast and dinner laid back fresh fish day pass lounge area
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 July 2021

Stayed at LaLuna for 12 days and it was the perfect first trip for our family to get together since Coronavirus. The grounds were immaculate, the view from our villa was incredible and the staff was friendly and very helpful. Look forward to staying here again in the future!

Date of stay: July 2021
Wendy Bertucci, Owner at Laluna Boutique Beach Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2021

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review on your recent stay at one of our villas, which is indeed perfect for families or a small group traveling together. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your satisfaction. We hope to see you again in the near future. ciao

Reviewed 22 July 2021

LaLuna has such a great vibe. Total balinese bohemian and understated luxury. I really love the atmosphere. I also want to point out that the staff on site is lovely, so kind and generous. I did notice some odd things when I was there and as I travel and write for a living always good to point out.

I was a single women traveling alone and was put in the room closest the guard gate entrance (There was no guard and gate was open) this gave me pause. One morning I was trying to plug into the one American plug under the mini fridge and shocked myself quite badly, there was no one at reception (no one at reception overnight). The reception was staffed around 8:30 when breakfast started, and I had to leave for diving at 8am so it was very difficult to not have anything to eat before I left. I do suggest a plate of pastries and coffee somewhere for folks who are eating earlier. I also asked about Covid test and was directed to walk to it in town, it was about an hour walk and very confusing and I ended up in so many wrong places and the whole thing was a bit of a debacle. I suggest not advising anyone to walk or if so give them a map. I also showed for yoga for 2 days and no instructor showed, this was disappointing as yoga is the main reason I came! I was told the instructor was off island. I also saw a sign at reception for $75US massage special. It was right there as you sat in reception, I asked if I could get that special and was told no it was only for locals. So I suggest moving that sign so hotel guests don't feel like second class citizens. Another recommendation is having snacks available or if you are a guest going to the grocery store and filling up your fridge. There are no real snacks available and if you don't like heavy Italian food then you are really hungry or carbo loading as I was. I ate a lot of plain bread towards the end! There also was a local man selling necklaces who sat on property on one of the beach chairs for most of my stay. I wanted to sit there, but didn't want to engage with him. He definitely needs to be moved away from guests.

Date of stay: July 2021

Dear Guest, we are so happy that you got the soul and great vibe at Laluna, and you enjoy your stay with us.

As to some of the points you indicated, I will like to take this opportunity to clarify some of your concerns.

The 'Guard Gate' next to your room was the original security post when we first opened Laluna Hotel 20 years ago. We have since expanded the property to include the villas that are at the top of the driveway, and where the new Guard Gate is and 24 hours manned by a Security Guard, therefore we don not use the Guard Gate next to your room anymore.

We provide in all Cottages with plugs/adaptors to charge your electronic device. We are sorry you got shocked but you should not have unplugged our minibar/tv/kettle in order to plug your devices.

We would have been happy to provide you with something to eat, if we had known that you were leaving the property before breakfast was available in the restaurant. We often do this for guests who have to leave for an early morning flight or appointment or when guests arrive late on island. In fact on our website and in our booking confirmation letter, we inform you about our F&B opening hours and we specifically ask if you are planning to arrive in different hours when F&B is closed, and to please let us know if you would like us to prepare something to eat and leave it in your cottage. Furthermore we offer complimentary coffee/tea/milk/water in the room in case you wake up early.

For Covid Testing in Grenada we have couple of options and we informed you about them .

You asked us to book SAMS medical for your test before your arrival. Then you asked us to change it for FIT FOR LIFE a different medical facility, and we did it. This same medical center comes to Laluna to test, for an extra fee, but you decided to go in person to this clinic. You asked Tracey at front desk if it was possible to walk to the medical center. Tracey told you was better by taxi since it was only a five minute taxi ride to the nearby Grand Anse area. If you walked, then it would have taken about 30 mins and should have been easy to find. I am surprised the front desk did not give you directions, sorry about this.

Our yoga classes schedule is posted on our website and also at our front desk and bar area. And we have different instructors for different classes. We currently offer yoga 5 days a week complimentary to our guests.

Yes we have a Specials for Locals who are resident on island. This special does not apply to tourists. We do not consider our International guests to be Second Class Citizens at all, and we are very grateful to tourist who brave the current conditions to come to Grenada and stay at Laluna altogether. In fact we are offering heavily discounted rates, which I am sure you took advantage of.

We do offer 2 kinds of snacks in the mini bar in case guests need a nibble. But if you wanted a wider selection you need to go to the closest supermarket which is 4 min taxi ride or 20 min walk.

Our restaurant is Italian, but there are many other options than pasta and high carb dishes offered on the menu, like a variety of healthy salads, fresh fish and seafood dishes.

Our local beach vendor, Marlon usually sits on a tree stump on the beach area, I have never seen him on the beach chairs. We will talk to him and refer to your comment and ask him not to do it anymore. We have beach chairs along the front of the main hotel area, as well as in front of the yoga pavilion area, that is on the beach. We also have beach loungers on our wooden deck by the open air lounge and bar.

We really thank you for taking the time to write your review and concerns. We hope that next time we can assist you better, especially if you can reach out to us in advance or while you are on property. We could have remedied many of your concerns instantly, to make your stay with us, a truly wonderful experience.

ciao

Reviewed 17 July 2021

We stayed at LaLuna after a week on a sailboat; what a way to unwind. The cottage had an incredible view, was clean and spacious. We especially enjoyed the open air shower and plunge pool. The private beach and bar/gathering area was peaceful and and again, what a view. The staff at LaLuna are exceptional; they are extremely friendly, polite, and very helpful. Looking forward to staying at LaLuna the next time we visit Grenada.

Date of stay: July 2021
Wendy Bertucci, Owner at Laluna Boutique Beach Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2021

Dear Guest, Lucky you, for sailing the Grenada waters. Happy that you were able to end your holiday with us at Laluna, and you enjoyed all that was offered. We look forward to having you stay with us again, when next in Grenada. ciao

Reviewed 12 July 2021 via mobile

LaLuna is just the perfect vacation spot. The resort is beautiful and staff is amazing. We’ve stayed here twice and can’t wait to go back. The resort property is well maintained, the restaurant is terrific and the staff is so helpful. They do everything that they can to make your stay relaxing and stress free. The area around the resort has a lot to offer and LaLuna will help to set-up tours and outings with really interesting guides. I highly recommend this destination.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, So happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you got to make it off the property to see what Grenada has to offer. Thank you as well for making Laluna a second-time-round holiday. We love it when guests come back time after time, as you become part of the Laluna family. Look forward to seeing you again. ciao

Reviewed 30 June 2021

We had a phenomenal stay at LaLuna - we were there for a week and wish we could have stayed longer. The staff were amazing - so helpful in assisting us and helping us navigate everything from a rental car to getting the necessary COVID-19 tests to return to the U.S. Everything we ate at the restaurant was delicious, the bed was so comfortable, the pool was pristine, the amenities were amazing, and the beach was gorgeous. We hope we'll be back!

Note that the resort is in a lush jungle setting - I loved the outdoor shower but critters are normal, and the shower could have been a bit hotter. For the adventurous looking for an unforgettable, luxurious getaway, I would recommend LaLuna wholeheartedly.

Date of stay: June 2021

Dear Guest, We are thrilled that you had such and amazing stay with us at Laluna. Thank you for pointing out all the goodies on our property, including the food, ambiance and especially the staff. We certainly look forward to having you stay with us again, in the near future. ciao