“Not coming back”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Eceabat
Singapore, Singapore
“Not coming back”
Reviewed 6 November 2010

TJs Tour and Eceabat Hotel are from a same company. I have booked TJs Hostel for a single room but they gave me a room in Eceabat Hotel instead. They did not explained to me TJs Hostel has been closed down after I passed by. They still have info about TJs Hostel in their website and I think they should remove it. The photo and info is deceiving. Bathroom and room is not clean. Although I make a full payment but I did not stayed.
Gallipoli tour coordination is good. But unfortunately I don’t recommend the hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
queensland
Reviewed 26 August 2010

My wife and I did a two day Galipolli -Troy tours with TJ tours.Throughly enjoyed the whole tour. A most informative english-speaking guide lead the tour. Their price ($A341) was almost half that quoted to us by a local travel agent. Certainly very good value.We would not hesitate in recommending this tour to others.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ehore
Singapore
Reviewed 21 May 2010

TJ’s hotel was a part of 1N/2D tour departing Istanbul. In itinerary, this hotel was introduced as 2 star hotel. I honestly was afraid how shabby it would be.
However, TJ’s hotel is very decent hotel, it is a very nice surprising !
Clean bathroom and spacious room (unlike in Istanbul). No bug, No smell. It is just simple but nothing to complain. If this is ranked as 2 star, I don’t mind staying 2 star hotel always.
The view from bar on 4th(or 5th) is very amazing, especially sunrise. It is where you will have breakfast. It is a really huge place and I liked the ottoman sofa to relax.
Breakfast preparation was not as quick as I had expected. Breakfast is served between 8:30-10:30 something like that ( my memory is hazy,,,) but they serve early breakfast exclusively for those who leave hotel before 9 or something to join Troy Tour…. Only one person was preparing the early breakfast,,, By the time I had to leave the dining, every dish hadn’t been ready yet (>_<) At least, he served me a cup of Turkish Tea (cay) but I was hoping a cup of coffee (Nescafe !?)

Staff here is very friendly. Location is perfect ! (Eceabat is a small town, though) I think TJ is the only big hotel in Eceabat ( I THINK,,,,) I wanted to stay in Canakkale side, but I was happy with TJ’s hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank mamacita1001
Mediterranean Coast, Israel
Reviewed 10 May 2010

Eceabat Hotel, sometimes called TJ's, is a large, almost impersonal, budget-traveler's haven, and I was... impressed!

When we arrived, the lobby was loud and crowded, but we were tended to immediately.

Our room was surprisingly clean, modern, and spacious. Our bathroom looked newly remodeled and sparklingly clean. Our TV had many channels to choose from. My only gripe was that we had reserved a baby cot and they didn't come through for us, but fortunately, things worked out with the extra beds we were given.

Breakfast was somewhat boring but at least it was prepared daily and served in an enormous, sunny, top-floor room.

We were able to do laundry at a reasonable price.

Also, you can step off the ferry in Eceabat and be inside the hotel in less than a minute -- it's that close!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
tjwill
Reviewed 9 May 2010

My partner and I passed through Eceabat hotel twice on our trip around Turkey. The first time we were on a tour with TJ's tour company that was extremely well run with a very professional manner. Afterwards we had several hours to kill before an over night bus so at Eceabat hotel we were given a complimentary room for several hours so we could have a shower and relax before our bus.

The second time was on a Gallipoli tour, where again the professionalism of the company shone through. We stayed the night in the hotel and had a comfotable sleep and again the staff couldn't be anymore helpful to us and made our stay.

We both highly recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eceabat
9.0 km away
Buyuk Truva Oteli
#8 of 29 in Canakkale
5.6 km away
Kervansaray Canakkale Hotel

Been to Grand Eceabat Hotel? Share your experiences!