“All time favorite”
Review of Zunzibar Cafe

Zunzibar Cafe
Ranked #25 of 96 Restaurants in Tacloban
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

When all else fails, we go to Sunzibar. Nacho salad and rum ribs are the staple. Price is worth it because they really have yummy foods.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Zanzibar used to be a Mexican inspired restaurant in the 00s. 17 years later, it created it's own brand of cuisine that is creative and contemporary. The place has a minimalist and shabby chic feel to it. Staff are well trained and the turn around for orders is quick.
Servings are bigger than the usual and the prices are fair.
More importantly, food is superb and ingenious. Tired of the usual wings, burgers and baby back ribs? Then this is the place for you. Adventurous but accessible. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

My mom is from Tacloban so every time we visit her hometown I always make sure that I eat at Zunzibar. It is a few meters away from my grandma's place so it very convenient :)

I love love love their ribs here and of course, appetizer would be the nachos :) It is affordable and serving size is just perfect for my appetite. The place is cozy and sometimes i gets jam packed by students.

Definitely a must dine place when you visit Tacloban

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 30 January 2017

The serving is big and soooo affordable. I love the fried nachos. I just wish that the dressing tastes Mexican more. I can't taste the cumin and other mexican spices in their supposed to be texmex salad. The ribs is definitely fall off the bones.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 21 December 2016

I hope we are talking about SUNZIBAR Restaurant in BURGOS ST Tacloban. Very popular with locals and tourists alike. Open from about 11am til 10pm excl Sundays, and book or get there early. The Red Tea and Ribs seem to be compulsorary orders almost, but I loved the imagination which combined Bangus fish with hummous! A really delightful combination. Quite reasonable prices and a small menu but wide range of choices available, both for snacks and main meals. Always ask the attentive staff about the recommended number each dish serves! San Mig beer and quite a few non-alcoholic drinks are available. The pleasant ambience helps make an enjoyable eating experience.

Date of visit: November 2016