All reviews buffet breakfast seafood restaurant coffee shop convenient store old house a nice place to stay rooms are spacious walking distance tacloban city shower generator receptionist fi typhoon housekeeping philippines church
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Rosvenil is a family owned boutique hotel that is cosey, homey and is right at the heart of Tacloban. It is a very convenient place for coffee meet-ups and for winding down tea and dessert.

We stayed here from August 23rd to 30th and had an amazing experience. The room was always cleaned and the sheets changed daily. The staff were all helpful and courteous. The owners too are very kind and down to earth.

We also had a reception of my dad's 80th birthday at the hotel's event hall and the event staff & waiters were very accommodating with all our requests. We added more desserts and there were no extra corkage charges. They did not nickel & dime us on every turn.

I would certainly recommend Rosvenil to my family & friends and will book the same for my next vacation. I shall return.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

This is one of the budget friendly hotel that I will recommend if you are planning to spend your holiday weekend in Tacloban.

Pro: Budget Friendly
Cons: Poor Wi-fi Connection and Bathroom tiles/floor needs scrubbing.

I suggest upon check in to request a room with a strong wi-fi connection especially if you have to communicate a family from overseas due to the time difference you mostly need a wi-fi in the evening (Philippine Time) based on my personal experience.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ren N
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Hotel exterior and interior designs are classical retaining the century-old-mansion feeling.
Staff are friendly and helpful.
Facility is also senior-citizen friendly.
Rooms are great though smaller but clean.
Garden is welcoming. Buffet breakfast needs to level up with food choices and a bit pricey.
Cannot see the best waray waray cuisine and delicacy in their array of food.
Location is ideal, very near to Sto Nino church, business and commercial areas.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Cef S
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Very good hotel to stay in Tacloban. Cosy, calm place. Clean and safe. Parking available. Rooms are good. Simple but has it all. Personally I loved the very comfy bed. Beside the little bar that also serve snacks and cake the Hotel has a restaurant annex looking almost likea Bavarian style. They serve typical Filipino food, very tasty and big quantity for a good price. Unfortunately we were not able to visit the surrounding because of a typhoon. Can't say anything about it. Airport is 10 minutes with taxi from hotel at 4am. Guess during day and the Filipino traffic mess you must count at least 30 minutes.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2018

If the hotel is your first stop on your first trip to the Philippines, you might not appreciate what a gem it is... if it's not, then you will know what I mean. The staff are kind and very accommodating; the rooms are clean and toilets work well; there are two restaurants attached to the hotel and one serves beer and wine; there is a coffee shop on the grounds; the hotel is only about 35 minutes from the airport. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family