All reviewsbathroom mirrornuat thaismall detailspretty foodcars parkedan excellent restaurantpomelo saladac worked wellchinese foodeggs cookedwestern unionrooms are modernrooftop poolsmall poolreception staff arebed was very comfortablebreakfast buffet options
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I was staying at this hotel for three nights and very satisfied with the service.

1. They upgraded my room from standard to presidential suite for free. The room was clean and the breakfast is delicious!

2. The staff is very helpful with all that I needed during the stay.

3. After the stay, I lost a receipt from the hotel restaurant. I called them from Singapore and ask them to help me get the photo of the copy of the receipt sent to me. It was Nicky Busa, the guest service associate, who helped me. Her response was prompt and the help was quick. Thank you so much.

I will definitely stay at this hotel when I go back to Tacloban again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Hotel XYZ, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Hello there cindyohcyrus,

Maupay na adlaw and greetings from your home of exceptional memories in the East!

It is our pleasure to have you as our guest and we are grateful for spending some time to share your exceptional experience with Hotel XyZ!

Indeed, service is very paramount to us and we're so glad that we have served you well - the XYZ way. I am overwhelmed with your fantastic ratings to our facilities and for the commendation you've given to Nicky Busa, I will mention this to her and I am certain she will be delighted.

Your gracious home in the East will be very glad to see you again!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

XYZ Hotel is one of my favorite hotels and well up with standards, not just in Philippines but globally. I have traveled a lot over the years and rarely felt more at home than at XYZ. There is something about the atmosphere and both the hard and soft products that feels just right.

The positive experiences start at Tacloban airport where they will, if asked, send their shuttle bus or a taxi to meet you. If you arrive by car, there are a handful of parking slots right outside the front door and a convenient larger free parking area two mins walk up the street. The lobby is welcoming and often seasonally decorated. The staff at all levels and in all areas deliver a consistently pleasant and high standard of service with all staff speaking good English from the bell hops and room maids up.

The ground floor restaurant caters to all tastes with its multiple menus - American, Thai, Japanese, Italian, Filipino. The food is delicious, well presented, and their menus accidentally vegetarian friendly in the way I appreciate - a few more options than one would normally expect. The service is actually to a unexpectedly high standard - attentive without being too over the top, friendly without being stuffy. The restaurant manager is obviously there overseeing proceedings with a keen eye, but with a reassuring rather than invasive manner. The breakfast is by far one of the best at any hotel I have visited in the Philippines. The breakfast buffet options change daily so if you stay here for more than an overnight stop you will not get bored with the choices.

The hotel has a meeting room, office/internet area, gym and best of all their roof top infinity edged swimming pool complete with water falls and kiddy safe shallow section.

On this visit we spent a little more time than we have in the past in the hotel, interacting with more of the staff than usual. Time and time again I am surprised that the standards of service are uniformly top notch. I cannot emphasize this enough. It gives one the impression that they have an excellent approach to staff recruitment and training, understand that each individual staff member represents the hotel and that it only takes one to leave a bad impression. It causes me no end of frustration at other hotels that clearly do not share these values. Well done - you guys are doing this right and it really shows.

They also care about the reviews they receive. I left a few comments critical of one of their rooms which had a couple of minor maintenance issues at several months ago. I was in a super critical mood at the time - one of my character flaws. In retrospect it was unfair of me to mention this in a review rather than bringing it up with the hotel at the time. Guests spend more time in rooms than the staff and are more likely to notice maintenance issues - especially engineers like me. Say nothing and you fail in giving the hotel the opportunity to fix it. Don't be a jerk like me - reports any issues to the people who can fix them. The front desk remembered me, although they didn't say anything until I made a front desk call with a request. The receptionist explained that she was especially keen to ensure that I was happy with everything due to my previous comments. I was surprised by this in a very positive way. This hotel really cares about what people say. And actually their maintenance regime is pretty good. I always check the air filters in hotel air conditioners. It's a great way to quickly find out what kind of a place you're staying in. In many places I visit the a/c air filters are clogged with dust. At XYZ the air conditioners are regularly cleaned. Just one of the many small details that adds up making a good impression and maintaining a high standard.

In conclusion I highly recommend XYZ Hotel, especially to foreigners who might be used to higher standards than are typical in Philippines. And to anyone studying Tourism and Hospitality Management, apply to do your OJT here and get your career off to a flying start.

Room Tip: If there are more than two of you, ask for a loft room. The upper floor gives you soem pricacy as well as a nice desk to work at.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 13henry
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Hotel XYZ, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Hello there 13henry,

Thank you for spending some time to share your experience about your recent stay with Hotel XyZ. Love how you thoughtfully and sincerely detailed the moments you have created with your second home.

Indeed your wonderful review is our inspiration to do better each day and to further improve our products and services. Please know that we are humbled by your kind words and delighted to know that our guest sees and appreciates all our efforts. I am personally awed that you have noticed the values of our service peers. Our daily challenge is to make each guest happy and we are very glad that we've given that happiness to you - the XyZ hospitality. Your inputs are vital to us and we can't thank you enough for giving us the feedbacks that will give us the opportunity to grow and improve our services. Please be assured that I will share this to the team, I am certain they will all be delighted!

Hotel XyZ, your home in the east is really excited to welcome you back. See you the soon!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I was on holiday in the Philippines January 2018.
I always choose XYZ as its modern fixtures and fitting gave conducive and comfort during my vacation, I think this is my 4th or 5th stay since 2015.

checked in 3 times for the month of January 2018
on the second checked in, I was placed unto a nice room but "aircon" was leaking, so I was transferred to a different room where aircon isn't cold enough for me and been transferred to 3rd, I really made fuss on this because I was so tired and all I want to do Is rest for the day. its like being move from pillar to post.
Then while just stepped out of the shower, a group of man open our door only to find out our room was double booked. "security and privacy please!"

on the third check in before flying back to Manila, i didnt booked online as it was not a peak holiday season hoping i could get a room, when staff from a reception recognize me who made a fuss about "aircon" from my previous check in, she said there is NO available room for me.

So we drove away from the hotel, luckily I was with a local from Leyte, we checked on trivago and found a room available at xyz!..this is around past check in time about 1430 in the afternoon, we booked online and given a room so I returned to the hotel and gave my reference number, then they accepted me ...BUT.. I heard staffs from reception talking about "aircon".. I felt they have recognised me with the fuss I made about the aircon that's why they did not gave me a room on my initial walk in inquiry.

They then place me to a room with no door from toilet to the bed, how awful was that.
I like xzy and will still prefer to stay there, actually have booked another room this summer.
The food is great by the way, I think staff from the reception should not be commenting against guest.
Oh ..parking was terrible as next right on the front door, we can hardly park!

RMT of UK

Room Tip: Modern fixtures
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Hotel XYZ, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear raki17,

Maupay na adlaw!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel XyZ; for letting us know your concern and most especially for your loyalty despite of the mishaps you've encountered. Please know that we appreciate your valuable input as it helps us identify the areas where we can improve the guest experience.

Our goal is to always give an exceptional experience to all our guests; we recognised that we fell short in giving you what you truly deserve. With this, please accept my sincerest apology and please be assured that this is not our standard.I will personally take the lead in checking out what transpired. I hoped, I was able to handle this personally so we could be able to recover the service - in the moment.

I am also grateful for the appreciation to the food we serve in our restaurant outlets.

Your second home, Hotel XyZ is hoping that what you've experienced will not dampen your interest to stay with us.

With pleasure, we are looking forward to welcoming you again this summer and please drop me a message for any assistance at jerick.florano@zpad.com.ph

Hotel XyZ/ Z Pad Residences

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Room 307 had a foul smell that may have been from the septic tank. A companion who had a room in 306 has the same complaint. Also the bathroom did not have a separate shower area such that upon taking a shower the entire bathroom including toilet and wash basin floors were all wet posing a danger of one slipping. Apart from all these staff very helpful and breakfast buffet good.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank arpsdevera
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Hotel XYZ, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear arpsdevera,

Maupay na adlaw!

Thank you for letting us know your concern. Your input is important to us and we always try our very best to provide an exceptional stay to all our guests.

Please accept my sincerest apology on what you've experienced in one of our rooms; please know that I am personally checking these rooms (307 and 306) and that improvements are underway to only provide the best possible experience to each guest.

Above all, I am grateful for the appreciation to our service peers and the buffet breakfast.

Your second home, Hotel XyZ is hoping that what you've experienced will not dampen your interest to stay with us again.

With pleasure, we are looking forward to welcoming you again and please drop me a message for any assistance at jerick.florano@zpad.com.ph

Hotel XyZ/ Z Pad Residences

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Hotel XYZ is somewhat of a mixed bag in my opinion. The undoubted highlight is the destination restaurant on the rooftop which has panoramic views over the city which is particularly pleasing in the evening. The food is very much of western standards and is priced accordingly which attracts a clientele of both foreigners on vacation and the business community and their families. Directly outside the restaurant there is a rooftop swimming pool with a small water feature which can be very relaxing on a hot day.
On entering the hotel from the street it can appear to be somewhat congested as there are cars parked right up to the entrance door. At check in that feeling of congested space can be continued if there is a party checking in as the elevator to the floors above open out almost directly onto the reception desk. The door man and the reception staff are always very attentive and helpful which is not always the case in other properties.
The rooms at XYZ are dominated by very large beds which was very much to my liking as I found them to be really comfortable.Of the three rooms I stayed in during my trip in and out of the city none had a view of any sort as the hotel is downtown tucked amidst commercial properties and general city centre buildings. When we returned from a trip to Biliran we were allocated a corner room which was configured to suit the shape of the room. As I was settling in I noticed a smell of lingering smoke and despite being busy the hotel transferred me when I requested a genuinely no smoking room.
Breakfasts were very nice at this hotel with eggs cooked freshly to your liking and a selection of Filipino foods mixed with items someone with a western palette would find more to their taste to start the day.
Overall I would stay again at Hotel XYZ in heartbeat and found the hotel a little haven where we could relax in comfort.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TAScot

Hello there TAScot,

Indeed your wonderful review is our hurray for today. Please know that we are humbled by your kind words and delighted to know that our guest sees and appreciates all our efforts. This kind of comment pushes us to do better each day and rest assured that we will always be on track to improve more of our products and services. Thank you so much for the commendation to our service peers, the facilities such as the outdoor pool, the great ambiance of the FyZZ Gastropub and for highlighting our breakfast.

I would also like to inform you that all our rooms are non-smoking; in line with this, I will surely reiterate the non-smoking policy to all our Guest Services Associates.

Your second home, Hotel XyZ is so eager to welcome you back. See you the soonest!