All reviewsbathroom mirrornuat thaismall detailspretty foodcars parkedan excellent restaurantpomelo saladac worked wellchinese foodeggs cookedwestern unionrooms are modernrooftop poolsmall poolreception staff arebed was very comfortablebreakfast buffet options
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Room 307 had a foul smell that may have been from the septic tank. A companion who had a room in 306 has the same complaint. Also the bathroom did not have a separate shower area such that upon taking a shower the entire bathroom including toilet and wash basin floors were all wet posing a danger of one slipping. Apart from all these staff very helpful and breakfast buffet good.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank arpsdevera
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Hotel XYZ, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear arpsdevera,

Maupay na adlaw!

Thank you for letting us know your concern. Your input is important to us and we always try our very best to provide an exceptional stay to all our guests.

Please accept my sincerest apology on what you've experienced in one of our rooms; please know that I am personally checking these rooms (307 and 306) and that improvements are underway to only provide the best possible experience to each guest.

Above all, I am grateful for the appreciation to our service peers and the buffet breakfast.

Your second home, Hotel XyZ is hoping that what you've experienced will not dampen your interest to stay with us again.

With pleasure, we are looking forward to welcoming you again and please drop me a message for any assistance at jerick.florano@zpad.com.ph

Hotel XyZ/ Z Pad Residences

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Hotel XYZ is somewhat of a mixed bag in my opinion. The undoubted highlight is the destination restaurant on the rooftop which has panoramic views over the city which is particularly pleasing in the evening. The food is very much of western standards and is priced accordingly which attracts a clientele of both foreigners on vacation and the business community and their families. Directly outside the restaurant there is a rooftop swimming pool with a small water feature which can be very relaxing on a hot day.
On entering the hotel from the street it can appear to be somewhat congested as there are cars parked right up to the entrance door. At check in that feeling of congested space can be continued if there is a party checking in as the elevator to the floors above open out almost directly onto the reception desk. The door man and the reception staff are always very attentive and helpful which is not always the case in other properties.
The rooms at XYZ are dominated by very large beds which was very much to my liking as I found them to be really comfortable.Of the three rooms I stayed in during my trip in and out of the city none had a view of any sort as the hotel is downtown tucked amidst commercial properties and general city centre buildings. When we returned from a trip to Biliran we were allocated a corner room which was configured to suit the shape of the room. As I was settling in I noticed a smell of lingering smoke and despite being busy the hotel transferred me when I requested a genuinely no smoking room.
Breakfasts were very nice at this hotel with eggs cooked freshly to your liking and a selection of Filipino foods mixed with items someone with a western palette would find more to their taste to start the day.
Overall I would stay again at Hotel XYZ in heartbeat and found the hotel a little haven where we could relax in comfort.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TAScot

Hello there TAScot,

Maupay na adlaw and greetings from your home of exceptional memories in the East!

Thank you for spending some time to share your experience about your recent stay with Hotel XyZ.

Indeed your wonderful review is our hurray for today. Please know that we are humbled by your kind words and delighted to know that our guest sees and appreciates all our efforts. This kind of comment pushes us to do better each day and rest assured that we will always be on track to improve more of our products and services. Thank you so much for the commendation to our service peers, the facilities such as the outdoor pool, the great ambiance of the FyZZ Gastropub and for highlighting our breakfast.

I would also like to inform you that all our rooms are non-smoking; in line with this, I will surely reiterate the non-smoking policy to all our Guest Services Associates.

Your second home, Hotel XyZ is so eager to welcome you back. See you the soonest!

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Excellent Hotel in cramped downtown area, surprised at the modernistic rooms although small were superior! Gas gym! Small pool and great buffet breakfasts!
Staff is friendly and efficient!

Parking lot available near hotel!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Hotel XYZ, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Hello there starman48,

Maupay na adlaw!

We are so pleased to know that you had a great time with us and it is always a privilege to be your gracious host here in Tacloban City. Please know that your loyalty really matters to us.

We appreciate your heartfelt words and commendations. Hotel XyZ, would like to welcome you back!

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Situated in downtown Tacloban, XYZ is one of the best the city has to offer. Their rooms are modern and design is quite practical. Room amenities are above average plus very crisp looking interiors. Sheets and pillows are good, one is assured to sleep well. Bathroom and toiletries are quite okay and almost complete. One thing though, to have continuous WiFi in the room you have to keep the TV on the whole time. They have a rooftop pool and restaurant(check out the fusion Greek cuisine- the lamb dishes are the best), coffee shop( desserts are good note the carrot cake and serve Illy) and dining area at the ground floor where breakfast buffet is good(their dried crisp fish is the best) .

XYZ is very quaint and unpretentiously modern. The staff are very warm and hospitable - no complains at all. This was my second trip to this city in a month and I would say despite the hotels location, it compensates on other things. Almost stayed at another hotel but when I saw the room I immediately had myself transferred to XYZ. Personally, sanitation comes top of the list. The bathroom has to be okay and the sheets have to smell fresh and look immaculately white(not of white) which this hotel all has. As a creature of habit, I wouldn’t mind coming back again to something full of comfort.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Luis E
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Hotel XYZ, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Hello there Luis E,

Maupay nga adlaw and greetings from your home of exceptional memories in the East!

Always a pleasure to read a positive and delighting review like yours. We truly aspire to deliver an "exceptional" service to all our guests and we are happy to know that you're able to create an expectational stay with us. Your feedback will be shared to the rest of the team, I am certain they will be delighted. We also would like to thank you for rating our facilities, amenities, and outlets an excellent one.

For the WIFI concern, I would like to personally apologise for the inconvenience you've experienced. Please be assured that we will have it fixed and will be our top priority.

With excitement, we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

This is a new botique hotel located very conveniently in the center of town.

New means fresh linen, most things worked as intended and the overall design & style are modern.

Checkin was faultless except only one key cards could be provided (apparently a near-full hotel means shortage of key cards). Our bookings.com "city view" room actually looked out to the fire escape stairwell.

I listed four items needing attention in our room (missing light bulb, mosquitos, bad TV reception, weak / slow WiFi) and asked for attention to these while out shopping. Upon return... nothing done!

Room upgrade / move ensued. Very satisfactory... but still a missing light bulb and mosquitos!

Cafe is small, with good WiFi and fantastic looking baked goodies and huge iced dishes for sharing.

The breakfast buffet was very good; even including an omelet bar.

The pre-booked airport shuttle costs Ps150/pax and was 25-minutes late... be sure to allow extra time.

Overall value is OK. The hotel seens to be trying to provide 4-star quality, but have a way to go.

-- end --

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian S
Jerick Jao F, General Manager at Hotel XYZ, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Dear SaranganiDiver,

Thank you for writing a review and for letting us know your concern about your recent stay with us. I felt disappointed to know that we fell short in giving you an exceptional stay due to some issues that happened to you. In line with these, please be informed that I have sat down with my team and discussed this matter already. Corrective actions are currently on the process such as checking thoroughly all the room's lighting to change busted lights and reiterated to do a functionality test before releasing a room, asking our pest control team to schedule the fumigation twice instead of once a week and checking on our WIFI connections all through out the floors. And lastly our shuttle service, to which I have talked to our hotel driver and the front desk team for the proper coordination of pick-up or drop-off time.

Above all, I am personally apologising for all the mishaps you've encountered. Please be assured that I am on top of your concerns and the most thankful since I am certain that it's an opportunity for us.

We are also delighted to know that you enjoyed the ABCD Cafe products and the buffet breakfast. Please know that we are still striving each day to do better and improve more of our products and services.

Hotel XyZ/ Z Pad Residences