“Cold sea breeze”
Review of Cafe Lucia

Cafe Lucia
Ranked #6 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Tacloban
Reviewed 25 March 2017

If you wan't a good place to chill in Tacloban fronting the sea and you don't wan't to go too far, this place is a good choice. Best seller here is their carbonara, and I can say it is indeed delicious. Every time I come here they always have a lot of guests but It's okay, since its an open place and it lessens the noise, this is the cafe that don't need AC and yah they don't have so I like it. You will love the cold wind coming from the sea. I hope the staffs or waiter have name plates so that I can commend those who are exceptional, since others are not that welcoming. Good place to stay for hours :D... I hope they will provide more power outlets for the gadgets being used, but so far they offer for you to charge your gadget at their counter. Good job for offering solutions. :)

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

Had our dinner and coffee at this place last night.

The food is good, the coffee is very good and the ambiance is nice.

Their prices is fair enough. Do not expect for much much more for what you have paid for.

As a first time visitor in Leyte I am satisfied with this Cafe.

I recommend this place.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

Ate a generous slice of their Chocolate Yema Cake and it was so moist and the yema on top complements the cake. They have an outdoor space where you can eat and lounge while enjoying the view of the Tacloban Bay. Servers aren't that attentive if you're just a local. Been going there alone and usually get distracted by groups. They serve a generous portion of Tonno pasta although their carbonara was a bit unremarkable cause it was served with a diluted sauce. Overall, their food is good but servers should be more attentive not only to groups and foreigners but to solo locals.

Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

I have been visiting this coffee shop more often. The front view of the ocean relaxes and soothes me. This place is packed with both tourists and locals. Not only coffee is being served, they served also meals and san miguel pilsen. That is the reason why foreigners love this place.

One thing I dislike the place is when some customers are puffing their cigarettes. I hope they can provide a place for non smokers. I just can't breathe well when smoke is enveloping the place.a

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Cafe Lucia offers free wifi, which is what initially drew us to it. However, we generally enjoyed our experiences there. Some of the favourite drinks were the iced latte and the raspberry iced tea, and favourite food items were the baby back ribs, the tuna sandwich and the pastas.
Be cautious paying with larger notes though, as even 500php notes can overwhelm them.