See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 June 2018

The hotel has only recently opened. Having stayed in other hotels in Tacloban I wanted to see what this new hotel was like. It is located next to Robinsons Place in Tacloban which has recently been expanded. Whilst the hotel is new all the staff seem to have been trained to a high standard and the rooms are very large and also being new very clean. All in all I was very pleased with my stay and would recommend it to anyone look for a high end hotel in Tacloban.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul E
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Summit hotel is next to Robinson shopping center so it makes it easy for shopping and food, There is some good filipino food on the outside of Robinsons on the main road.
The hotel is new with a little small type rooms.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Lindsay K
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

I have been coming to Tacloban for years, and have spent over 40 nights at different hotels here, including XYZ, Ironwood, Estrella and others.
While the Summit Hotel is brand new, and is a nice building, there are many problems here. The overhead shower in my room didnt work, but worse is No Hot Water. I was transferred to another room that also has no hot water in the shower. The front desk said to dial 0 for any needs- but neither phone in my room worked. When I tried to reach the General Manager Cindy , she was not in the hotel. When we did speak on the phone, she offered to give a discount if I extended my stay. But she never followed up- After breakfast in the temporary dining room- the restaurant isn't open yet as the hotel is still not finished with construction, I was locked out of my room. When I went to the front desk, I was told I would be checking out at 11am. Cindy, the General manager then told me that I could extend if I liked, a offered me a 5 % discount.
I had to laugh , because I thought she was joking.
Summit hotel is the most expensive hotel in Tacloban, and is charging full price, even though the hotel is not ready. The staff is friendly, but clearly not trained or prepared for guests.
But what bothered me most was it's very obvious that the staff and especially the manager doesn't care about making her guests happy.
I would recommend XYZ hotel to anyone, especially foreigners that are used to good service.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family