See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Disgusting! Mold everywhere, bugs everywhere. The AC didn't work, bed was uncomfortable, and the service was terrible. I'm hoping I won't take any bugs home with me. Never staying here again. Spend a little more money and go to another hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights with a friend. Very convenient to stay with as it is at downtown area. Drugstores and resto around just a few steps away from the hotel.

Room was okay. Well lighted and ac working fine. Tv has cable. I loved the bed and 2 pillows! Very comfy and I really slept well!

Free breakfast was okay. Staffs were also friendly and nice.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Terrible service i wont be coming back anymore! The front office staff are not that accommodating as if they look down on other guest by looks. I requested to make up my room but nothing has been done. We wanted to order menu from room service at 10pm they told us its unavailable. Over price without service is not a good choice hotel. Sorry to say i will be telling what a terrible stay wt my friends and family as working in a 5 star hotel abroad i will also advice my colleagues and guest who would be traveling to tacloban not to choose this hotel. As my relative told me why i stayed Asia star hotel not 'famous'

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Blarej48
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

The room was ok, spacious though the one we got doesn't have a view (good for 3 pax 3 single beds). It was clean but the t&b is so small and dirty. The shower curtain is full of molds shower handle is broken and the service from their restaurant is very dissappointing. I can't believe that they serve those foreigners first even though i was the first one to put my order 3 mins before they arrive. We order the same food (the complimentary Filipino breakfast) but i was furious for i was patiently waiting for my order, only to see those guys almost done with their meal. I even told the guy in the restaurant that i was in hurry cause i need to catch my ride going to naval. He said it will only take 15mins but mine was serve after 30mins. I don't know why some Filipinos have this stigma and treats foreigners like VIPs, to think we pay the same amount for the room. Hope the owner can do something about this.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

It was our first time to stay at this hotel and found it to be convenient since it is strategically located in downtown Tacloban. Our accommodation included a free breakfast. The food was fine however we had to wait for available seats since the resto was quite small. The room was clean and they had hot and cold shower. I was perfectly fine with the ventilation since aircon unit is functioning well.

On my future trips to Tacloban, Asia Stars Hotel will be on top of my list!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business