All reviews welcome drink cute hotel hotel of choice convenience store bedroom slippers drinking water free breakfast super typhoon tacloban city function room boutique hotel wifi connection coffee shop business trip skye lounge pharmacy
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

My colleague and I have gone to several hotels in the area and we like exploring more bec. we'd like to see the different services and amenities each hotel has within the budget we have. So for this hotel, we got the "Noble twin room" for Php 2,500. (See the pictures attached for the hotel tarif rates). It's quite expensive bec. other hotels offer almost the same services or even better and yet they cost less than Php 2,000. Check out (Z Pad Residences) not that I'm promoting it or anything, I just had an exquisite experience there. I guess I could give Hotel Estrella the plus points for its location bec. it's right beside Imelda Marcos' old mansion and it's near Calle Z Cafe which I really love.

Pros:
✔ Toilettries are provided. (Toothbrush, soap, shampoo, soft bedroom slippers, towels)
✔ Hot & cold shower
✔ There's a small refrigerator. ❌ We didn't know where to plug it. There was no electric outlet at the back of the fridge nor at the bottom of the table below the TV. We decided not to ask the reception about it bec. we didn't have anything to store there anyway.
✔ Cable tv. There were HD channels too which is a plus for me.
✔ Internet connection is ok, not slow and not that fast. I wasn't able to measure it's accurate speed ✌.
✔ Complimentary drinks are given when you check in, they'll give you a stub that you can retrieve at the restaurant and there's a free bottled water for every guest in the bedroom.
✔ Buffet breakfast. (4 choices of viands, they have an egg section where you can ask them to cook 2 eggs depending on your preference, bread section and free flowing coffee and juice.)
✔Friendly and accomodating staff

Cons:
❌❌❌ For some reason there's something wrong about the water pressure for the toilet bowl. We had to open the tank and add water from the shower in order for us to flush our wastes. This pissed us off. For an EXPENSIVE hotel, this was really disappointing.
❌ No water heater in the room. (A lot of hotels provide this, so  if they don't have it, it's a minus point for me.)

All in all I guess I would recommend this hotel due to its location. But the services and amenities are so common, you can search for cheaper hotels in the area in the same range. Will I come back? I guess..... But only if my other top choices hotels are fully booked.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

The location of the hotel is great! Walking distance to good restaurants in downtown Tacloban (Guiseppe and Dream Cafe). The staff is generally ok - those at the front desk and restaurant are friendly. The food at Meet the Shrimp is good, but breakfast is just ordinary - very few choices to start with.

The room is clean, but lacks a personal ref if you wish to have cold drinks. A/C is working fine. The bed just seems a bit short on length for a 5'9" me. The shower works well, but the CR stinks; lacks a good drainage lid, too.

Room tip: If booking select rooms, avoid rooms ending in 10 as these rooms seems to be smaller.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

hurray for estrella! the food was superb, the linens are clean and crisp. the wifi was consistently fast and the staff was courteous.

but then, we needed more staff to attend to our event. glasses are lacking when our participants needed drinking water. food was not replenished on time which resulted to more people waiting. there was no dental kit in their bathroom. and the single and twin bedrooms are too cramped that you might develop claustrophobia.

estrella hotel would have been alright but even a simple door defect in the solaris function hall has been left unrepaired. it’s a major turn-off for its guests.

1  Thank 811irenef
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel was referred to me by my closest friend. Referring that this place was so far met his standards, so I tried.

Called the hotel, evening before I arrived in Tacloban, it took me 15 minutes for the receptionist to answer my call.

Asked her why, she just told me there’s a lot of guests checking out.. I was a bit turned off by her response. Was she only one? Let’s find out.

The room I booked was Premier Room for P2660 (from their website), the receptionist booked this room for me with my confirmation without mentioning that the price is different from the Website versus from the Call Reservation, they charged me for a P3,200. But the receptionist and I agreed for a P2,660 only.... via call.

I have no choice but to agree since I still have work to do and I have no time to argue.

The ROOM IS SO SMALL but modern.

After lunch, I called the receptionist to humbly reserve me a shuttle and took me 20 LOOONG minutes for her to answer. I called all the lines just to know who will response, guess what, thanks to HOUSEKEEPING. There is no exaggeration of how long it was. And I asked her, what took her so long, she said there’s a lot of guests checking out. And mentioned she was the only one.

A minute after, “a minute”, When I went down, I just saw her texting. Ugh. NO GUESTS. And there were 2 receptionist. The guy was kind.

There’s more.

When I arrived the hotel from my assigned work, the toilet has no flush, bidet is broken.

I even broke their welcome drinks because the table in the room was so small. And they charged me for a P100. How can I not broke the glass, given that the table is so small? (My fault here, but if the table is a bit bigger, probably it won’t happen)

Staff from the Breakfast Buffet kept talking using their native dialect and talking about you.

The only thing I see a future here is the staff from their HOUSEKEEPING & MEET THE SHRIMPS. They are very courteous

Receptionist 1/5
They need another training again.

Housekeeping 5/5

Will I go back??

BIG NO.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

- staff speaks of a memorized greeting but you can see it not being sincere.
- room is generally clean, though the towel smells roach! I had to dry myself up through the ACU fan
- buffet is served until 10am but at 9am theres no more food and no more refill. When you ask for a refill, all you get is a make face. And they will congregate among themselves speaking their mother tongue that I dont understand but you will certainly feel it is you being talked about defending themselves of my request to please refill while its not yet 10am.
- in their greeting you will hear, “........... how can I make you(good)(happy)(right)?”,
I dont think they knew what it means....
Management team! Wake up! This is workable. Do something about it.

Date of stay: May 2018