1,214 results
All reviews forum metro station wine hour busy road minute walk nice hotel lounge area room was large street side yogurt single room street noise airport copenhagen cheese bike meats tivoli
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Quirky Boutique hotel - tremendous breakfast - free glass of wine each day between 5-6 Happy Hour. Very clean except for the fact that the “beige” rugs really need a shampoo. Beds very comfortable, and an inviting lounge. Close to metro (2 blocks) and easy to get to downtown.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Pardis K, Chef  at Avenue Hotel Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear WestboroGourmant,

Thank you so much for this kind review.
I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

I truly hope to welcome you back to Avenue Hotel Copenhagen.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

If you’re looking for somewhere to stay in Copenhagen, you’d be hard pressed to find somewhere better than Avenue Hotel. We absolutely loved it. The staff were constantly wonderful, the hotel is well located (the nearest Metro station is only a few minutes walk) and the room was immaculately clean and comfortable. There are other reviews on TripAdvisor that comment on how amazing the breakfasts are: believe every word of it - loads of choice, and everything was fresh and full of flavour.

Thanks, Avenue Hotel..I hope we get to come back soon.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Steve G,

WOW, this review just made my day!
Thank you so much for all the kind words and for staying with us.
You are much more than welcome to stay with us in the future.

I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

This place was amazing! The breakfast is incredible, the staff was nice and attentive. My mother and I each got a room for a few days in mid-July. I enjoyed my stay so much I'm staying here again when I go back to CPH next month. The hotel is very nice, yet relaxed. A short walk to Forum station makes this place accessible to the rest of the city, but it still feels like it's in a quiet neighborhood. Truly a find!

Stayed: July 2018
Pardis K, Chef  at Avenue Hotel Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Clarke F,

Wow, thank you so much for these kind and warm words.
I am very happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

I cannot wait to welcome you back next month.
Contact me if there is anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

A very nice and warm hotel. Great staff willing to make it a nice stay for you.
Great private parking behind the hotel with enough places.
Rooms at street side are very noisy. You can’t sleep with the window open. So book a garden view room.
Nice cosy and comfortable lounge space outside to start and finish the day!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Nelly B,

thank you for this amazing review.
I am truly happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to welcome you back one day.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

I booked this place with some hesitation due to mixed reviews but in the end, we went with it mostly b/c we wanted to keep the cost to less than $300/night. But still at $280/night, we were expecting just a bit more than what was offered in terms of amenities, even considering Copenhagen being an expensive city. To be fair, we requested a "quiet" room due to multiple reviews commenting on the location being on a busy street and our request was granted. At check-in, the lady was mostly interested in collecting the entire payment up front (actual credit card transaction went through, not just a "test run") , which was a bit off putting and seems unusual as usually payment goes through at check-out. We were just in Sweden and Finland and this did not seem to be the case elsewhere. The common areas of the hotel are well-maintained with a lovely fragrance in the air. But same can't be said about the room. Again to be fair, the room was very clean and so our compliment to the housekeeping staff; however, there was a hint of sewage gas smell in the bathroom and the tap water smelled as well so we brought back bottled water every night. The room also felt like a college dorm room. There was no coffee maker (there is complimentary coffee in the court yard every morning). There was a little cut out in the closet for refrigerator except it was missing? There is no AC but I think NO one has AC in this town so we don't fault the hotel. We did not book the room with breakfast due to other reviews and glad we did not as it looked so so and w/o a hot food buffet which was the standard at both hotels we were at in Sweden and Finland. Also at roughly $30/person, it did not seem worth It. There is a bakery 2 min away and a bagel shop 5 min away so one can just pay a few bucks for a croissant and get the free coffee and call it good. Also there is a supermarket ("Rama 1000") as you come out of the Forum subway station and this is a good place to get bottled water and fruits (don't let the messy place fool you, the fruits are quite good). The bottled water here is 1/3 of the price as in town . We used a combo of subway and bus to get to all the tourist sites without any problem. All the major tourist sites are within 1-2 stops using the subway and about 10 min on the bus ride. The bus ride is more interesting as one gets to see the neighborhoods. The subway station is 5 min away and the bus stop is just right around the corner from the hotel. We returned to the hotel between 10-11pm consistently every night and it felt very safe. We did not eat around the hotel as most did not have a lot of curbside appeal. There is a complimentary wine hour from 5-6pm. The truth of the matter is that most tourists are not back at that time so hard to take advantage of that. Also for those who don't drink, it seems a simple beverage would be a reasonable offering but instead, they said "we can give you water." There is really no concierge service. The ladies who staff the front desk/bar seem very young and most were not friendly and did not acknowledge as we go in and out of the hotel. Housekeeping was by far more friendly and gracious. We are not high maintenance but there are just some basic things that the hotel failed to deliver, chief of which being a friendly staff. In summary, if you just desire a good hot shower in the morning and a clean room to sleep in at a location with good public transportation, this one does the job. First impression matters and we would have second thoughts about returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Pardis K, Chef  at Avenue Hotel Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear SeattleEcc,

I am sorry to hear that you have been dissapointed about your stay.
The expectations you can have of this hotel is also informed about on our website.
We do not have refrigerators, coffee makers, concierge service nor AC.

The Wine Hour offers complimentary wine for all our guests, and if other beverages are requested we do have a wonderful bar this can be purchased in. I am sorry that my staff did not acknowledge your presence, and this I will have a talk with them about.

I am also very happy to see you enjoyed our housekeeping services.
I hope that you might wish to enjoy our 4 or 5* hotels which offer more services, in the future.

Have a wonderful day.