“Simple ambiance, great food!”

Trattoria S. Eufemia
Ranked #3 of 52 Restaurants in Brisighella
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

On the last night of our holiday, we wanted to eat a good Bistecca Fiorentina. Since our aimed for restaurant, Trattoria Montepaolo (as well recommended), was closed, we ended up at Sant Eufemia. We were not disappointed at all! As a primi, we had two very nice pasta dishes with truffles and Mora Romagnola (a breed of pig). Our bistecca was delicious as well and so was the Torta Cioccolata to conclude our dinner.

As I mentioned in the title, don't go here for the ambiance which is very simple and typical for Italian restaurants where you can often get the good food. Go for the food!

Reviewed 4 April 2016

Do not look any further! This is by far the best place to eat authentic food (with a twist) from Emilia Romagna within 20kms around Brisighella. But do not expect much in terms of decor, or romantic/scenic setting (there is no outdoor space and it's on the main road between Brisighella and Marradi about 15/20min out of the village), just go there for the most delicious food and wine. This is foodie's paradise! Everything on the menu is sourced from local top quality providers and the owner goes to great lengths to continuously maintain or upgrade the quality of its products especially the bread and the meat. All the pasta is home made and although the menu is not very large there are a few interesting recipe twists beyond the traditional common ones that you don't find in other restaurants : we always start with a tris di pasta (usually mezzalune di capra, triangole di pecora with truffle and radicchio rosso), capelleti zafferano) followed by a steak (usually a filleto or a tagliata) with verdure alla griglia and patate al forno. pricewise for the quality you get it's more than reasonable. In 15 years we've had the chance to try nearly all the restaurants in and around Brisighella but the only one we can't wait to go back to year after year is Sant'Eufemia. Never fails to be the culinary highlight of our holiday ! the owner always comes by to chat with us and share his latest wine discoveries and his passion for food. I cannot recommend it enough for a truly authentic experience.

1  Thank MMBAIA
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Typical Italian Trattoria. The best filetto di Manzo I ate in the region. Suggested by Italians and confirmed as a great choice. Bucolic scenery just outside Brisighella. A place to check.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

We enjoyed this restaurant, but in the light of so many enthusiastic reviews we were prtobalby not prepared for such a simple place. The food is quite good and classic, although not extraordinary in this area with so many good restaurants, and possibly not worth a long drive. The staff was all very friendly: thank you all so much for your kindness to us.

Reviewed 9 December 2014

DIRECTIONS: Exit the main road in Brisighella and Take ss302 towards Firenze for 9km. You will pass 2 windy roads through small tight city areas and it's in a signed town right after the end of Strada Casale (passed Potenono, Fognano, Castellina, and Casale). You will pass many turns and notably that absolutely crazy one through Castellina that looks like a terrible accident waiting to happen. The restaurant will come up on the left with a bright sign and two barrels sitting outside the front door.. There's a bit of parking before the restaurant on the left side and across the street.

Hopefully you found it because this place is definitely worth the extra drive. Each three nights I came here, there was a huge family Italian dinner party of 12 with loud chatter and healthy bustle. I think they were telling kids to get married or gossiping about other people in town. Either way, it all felt authentic and I immediately fell in love with it.

What should you get?

I literally tried all the pasta dishes on the menu and I think the strozzapreti pasticciati was my favorite. I think the texture of the pasta pairs perfectly with the sauce. What you'll most probably get is the Tris a scelta (three choices) and just ask for suggestions. Whichever you get, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

As for antipasti, I personally loved the wild boar meat cured meat platter. It's a little salty, but goes well with a crisp white wine.

Everyone who comes here orders a steak for their main course, and I'm sure it's the best steak in all of Italy, but I'm spoiled by lazy American cows that just hang out and get as marbled as possible. For the cut of meat, however, it was cooked absolutely perfectly black and blue and tasted pretty damn good. I would personally just get two pasta dishes and call it a day.

We would have made it 4 nights in a row, but we were too far away from town from our road trips to make it back in time. If I'm ever back in Brisighella, you bet I'm coming here.

2  Thank Clemens W