“Came here three nights in a row”

Trattoria S. Eufemia
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Brisighella
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2014

DIRECTIONS: Exit the main road in Brisighella and Take ss302 towards Firenze for 9km. You will pass 2 windy roads through small tight city areas and it's in a signed town right after the end of Strada Casale (passed Potenono, Fognano, Castellina, and Casale). You will pass many turns and notably that absolutely crazy one through Castellina that looks like a terrible accident waiting to happen. The restaurant will come up on the left with a bright sign and two barrels sitting outside the front door.. There's a bit of parking before the restaurant on the left side and across the street.

Hopefully you found it because this place is definitely worth the extra drive. Each three nights I came here, there was a huge family Italian dinner party of 12 with loud chatter and healthy bustle. I think they were telling kids to get married or gossiping about other people in town. Either way, it all felt authentic and I immediately fell in love with it.

What should you get?

I literally tried all the pasta dishes on the menu and I think the strozzapreti pasticciati was my favorite. I think the texture of the pasta pairs perfectly with the sauce. What you'll most probably get is the Tris a scelta (three choices) and just ask for suggestions. Whichever you get, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

As for antipasti, I personally loved the wild boar meat cured meat platter. It's a little salty, but goes well with a crisp white wine.

Everyone who comes here orders a steak for their main course, and I'm sure it's the best steak in all of Italy, but I'm spoiled by lazy American cows that just hang out and get as marbled as possible. For the cut of meat, however, it was cooked absolutely perfectly black and blue and tasted pretty damn good. I would personally just get two pasta dishes and call it a day.

We would have made it 4 nights in a row, but we were too far away from town from our road trips to make it back in time. If I'm ever back in Brisighella, you bet I'm coming here.

2  Thank Clemens W

Reviewed 11 September 2014

This little restaurant, tucked away between two alleys in the old town of Verona, not far from the river Adige, is a gem. The service was prompt and friendly, the food good if not spectacular. As well as the courtyard/alleyway where we ate on a warm summers night, there is a beautiful dining room inside, which would be perfect for winter dining.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I'm here.. In the middle of nowhere and just had to switch my 3G and data on to write this post.. I'm gobsmacked... The food is incredible.. The owner/chef is out of this world! His flavours are insane! His hand made cured meats are the best I've had.. Screw Spain and their black boar meat.. Screw everything... This place is the one and only! C

1  Thank TinaBusuttil
Reviewed 8 June 2012

First, I must say that the directions are a bit off. Not unusual for Italy. Anyway, it is about 5k south of Brisighella, on the 302, on the way to Firenze. So go out of the town, and it's on the left side, all by itself, very unassuming little place. Very friendly, and what a lunch feast we had with some friends from the US who we had met up with. It made it particularly memorable cause we could order a lot of different things: pork 3 ways grilled on two big skewers with roasted potatoes, thinly sliced grilled steak with rosemary and balsamic vinegar, the obligatory antipasti plate of salumis, etc. My husband expressed interest in the fresh porcini that the chef-owner was showing to another customer, so before you know it, he'd presented it to us, thinly shaved on fresh letuce with thinly drizzled olive oil. This trattoria is in a beautiful area, so it is definitely worth it as a destination.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

About 20 km from Faenza, next to a level crossing where the SS302 Brisighellese Ravennate goes over the one-track Faenza to Florence railway, opposite S Eufemia, the tiniest railway station in the world, that looks like it has just fallen out of a child’s train set, this Trattoria has achieved cult status thanks to its high quality regional dishes. There is an excellent selection of starters, first courses, second courses and desserts, accompanied by regional wines, served in a rustic setting heated by traditional wood stoves. The menu includes strozzapreti, tagliatelle alla Bolognese, ravioli all’ortica (pasta with stinging nettles), tortelli di patata, cappellacci di radicchio rosso, mezzalune di caprino, triangoli di pecora, tagliatelle alla mora romagnola, pappardelle alla lepre, tagliolini al Cabernet Sauvignon – and those are just the first courses, followed by 17 different second courses, not to mention the grilled vegetables (tomatoes, courgettes and aubergines) and half a dozen desserts, including torta di cioccolato al mascarpone. All home-made. At the weekend you can expect to pay about 50 euros for a very good lunch for two, including wine and coffee. Closed on Monday evenings and Tuesdays. Phone no 0546-88072. On the way back to Faenza you might want to explore the ancient medieval village of Brisighella, that is officially classified as one of Italy’s most beautiful villages (I Borghi piu’ Belli d’Italia) and in the vicinity the ninth-century Church of San Giovanni in Ottavo.
More about Brisighella and the San Giovanni in Ottavo