“Gorgeous Spa let down by noise levels”

Aqua Sana Elveden Forest
Ranked #3 of 8 things to do in Brandon
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I absolutely love the Aqua Sana at Elvedon Forest and have been coming for over 10 years, both on Spa days and as a part of Center Parcs holidays. I think that the variety of different steam rooms, places to relax, great treatments and the lovely pool make it the best out of any Spa I've been to.
However, I've felt really disapointed and let down on my last visit by how busy it has gotten and, as a result, how much louder it now is. In previous years, we have been given wristbands on arrival with reminders that the spa is a 'quiet area' and signs throughout. However, this is no longer the case, with just one 'quiet zone' sign upstairs. On my last visit, I even witnessed staff members walking around talking loudly, which increased the volume even further.
I don't have any objection at all with people talking quietly in the spa, and do that myself. But, when I am in a spa to relax, I really don't expect to hear people loudly talking and being able to hear whole conversations from across the room!
It's a real shame that Center Parcs don't make a point any more of telling people on arrival that the Spa is a quiet area, and that staff don't ask guests to quieten down a little when apropriate.
I love the spa for a relaxing day but it could be improved by adding signs etc to ensure that it is kept as a relaxing environment.

1  Thank Becca S
in 19 reviews
"lovely relaxing day"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing place. Best spa I’ve been. Was relaxing. Nice big robes. Loved the water beds. And also meditation room. But everything was amazing. Had cocktail and cake pops loved it. We went to hucks after for dinner was lovely. Can’t wait to go back

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The croissant that I was given appeared squashed. My lasagne was very nice however my partner ordered ‘fresh pieces of chicken’. This chicken was pre-cooked and re-heated. There are three showers in the lower level of the spa. By mid-day all three had no hot water. The temperature controls of two of them were broken. One shower had a huge mound problem. The floor manager apologised to me but I said it was unacceptable and felt unclean.
The experience rooms were ok. Because I have previously been to Woburn Forrest, I feel that this was a downgrade which has caused me disappointment.

1  Thank Conor W
Therese_Center_Parcs, Guest Services Executive at Aqua Sana Elveden Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we are sorry that you didn't feel that the Aqua Sana was as good as the Aqua Sana at Woburn.

As I'm sure you understand that all our Aqua Sana's offer something different and Woburn is a lot newer than the one at Elveden Forest, but that said, the facilities should be in full working order and we apologise you were disappointed.

Regards

Therese
Guest Services

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I visited here on a last minute twilight spa booking. Initially the front desk could not find my booking and suggested I'd put the selection in my basket but hadn't checked out, which I had, so make sure you have your confirmation email with you as this makes it easier for them to find.

I was not offered any information about the spa or the facilities, nor was anything mentioned about the free drink included in my package or how to claim it. I was directed through to the changing rooms and told where the towels were, and that was pretty much it. It would've been nice to have been given a little bit more information on the check in.

The spa itself was lovely, and not too busy on a Thursday evening. There was always plenty of space in every experience room. I particularly enjoyed the Indian blossom steam room, and the courtyard pool, and everything seemed to be fully functioning. The waterbeds were nice and there were plenty of seats on which to relax and read a magazine. Everything was clean and I did see staff around cleaning and tidying up.

Overall I do think this spa is good value for money when compared to other locations, who often have less to offer, for more money. I would visit again.