1,255 results
All reviews leisure facilities evening meal bit dated trouser press twin room groupon deal waiting staff couldn't fault tea and coffee plenty of parking full english gym wedding motorway halifax hairdryer yorkshire
Reviewed 4 October 2018

I've stayed at the cedar court numerous times over the last 18 months and previous experiences have been good. Unfortunately this time it all went terribly wrong :-(

On arrival at the hotel on Saturday the 29th September I was greeted with the news that due to a maintenance problem my prepaid room was not available and I had been moved to another hotel in Bradford. Due to my plans for the evening this wasn't suitable and I instead asked for a refund on my room. After a few minutes a member of staff told me that would be fine and they would be able to refund me the following week. Unfortunately this refund has not arrived and my emails to the hotel have been ignored. I managed to speak to a member of staff on Monday who told me that they would get back to me on Wednesday but they have not done this and there is still no sign of the refund. My email yesterday asking for an update on this refund has again been ignored. As such I have had to go through my credit card company to reclaim the money from the hotel. This is incredibly disappointing as I expected better from a hotel chain like the Cedar Court.

It was bad enough that they ruined my weekend by cancelling my room without contacting me but if they had refunded me as promised (or even replied to my emails) then I wouldn't have been too annoyed because at the end of the day issues like maintenance problems do happen.My tip for other guests is don't pay in advance for a reservation, you may get a 20% discount but its not worth the hassle!

I now need to find a new hotel to stay in when I visit Huddersfield but I fear my options are limited :-)

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Jimwhite78
Reviewed 2 October 2018

I paid for room only in full by card on arrival, paid cash for all drinks purchased and didn’t take breakfast but on checking my statement they took an additional £20 from my account an hour after I checked out .
The function I attended had only two bar staff with about 150 guests, very slow service

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Avoid at all costs.

Rooms unkept, grotty, in disrepair.
The staff are far from delightful and I can’t really blame them.
Pool and gym.....full of unsupervised kids, dirty, dated, with a shoddy spa pool thrown in the corner, I advise anyone thinking of getting a gym membership not to bother.

We’d planned to complain but witnessed a couple doing so and the staff really weren’t interested.

I was embarrassed I’d booked my parents in to stay here to and to top it off the price made us feel like we’d actually been legally robbed.

Huddersfield is up and coming, the rest of the town is making an effort, you’d think hotels would be following suit but this place needs bulldozing or used as temporary social housing by the council.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2018

Booked a room in July for the 29th September as meeting friends and dining at a restaurant 2 miles away. Arrived at 16:30, had to wait to check in as only one of their computers was working, first impression was the reception and bar area needed a face lift and whilst I haven't been there in 20 years it certainly used to look a lot nicer.
When I asked to check in I was told that they had been trying to contact me, which they had not as I had no missed calls, voicemails or emails. The room was unavailable due to a maintenance issue but I could stay at a sister hotel in Bradford 11 miles away. I explained this was not acceptable as my plans were local to the hotel and asked if they had not been able to find me a room at more local hotel. They advised they had contacted other hotels but there were no rooms available in the area. From reception I then called another hotel 1 mile away and booked a room straight away. Clearly not only had they not attempted to tell me my room wasn't available they also hadn't tried to rectify the situation by arranging a room close by, instead I believe they were wanting to keep the revenue from my booking and fill up the sister hotel. My advise, don't risk it and booked somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Salsam75
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Booked a room several weeks ago as we were meeting a group of friends in Huddersfield. We arrive at the hotel at 3pm to be told that due to a maintenance issue there were no rooms available and that I was going to be moved to their Bradford hotel which wasn’t remotely useful to us! I accept these things happen but it was annoying that they didn’t have the decency to call the affected customers to tell them of this change in circumstances. It seems like very basic customer service! As it is we just returned home and it was a wasted trip 100 mile round trip! I’ve stayed here many times before but it is unlikely I will return. I would recommend anyone who books a room here to call on the morning of their arrival to ensure that they still have a reservation!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends