All reviews great night tapas bar a bit tired staff were fantastic venue saturday function catering
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Stayed overnight as travelling through the area. Woke to find over $3,000 worth of tools stolen from our vehicle, The place looks ok from front, Down side and to back very poorly maintained.Gardens haven't been attended to for months, rubbish next to gateway,Mini put put can hardly see it from overgrown grass.
Carpets are old and permanently stained ,thread pulled towels need throwing out, bath mat stained by bleaching. furniture in rooms old and worn,Never again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Matthew P, Manager at El Caballo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

I was disappointed to read your recent post in relation to your experience at El Caballo Resort.

I remember we spoke at length regarding the apparent theft of tools from your vehicle, and I was indeed surprised as we had a full house with delegates attending the Dowerin Field Day, and no other guest notified reception to say that they had encountered a similar problem.

We were more than happy to speak to your insurance company or the local police in relation to this matter, but we have not been contacted.

I wonder therefore, if you reported this offence?

At no time did you make any mention to myself or to my staff, your thoughts regarding the overall appearance of the Resort.

I can assure you the mini golf course and wellness centre are attended to every week and our maintenance team ensure that it meets with our guests expectation.

As you can imagine a structure of this size and age requires considerable time, money and planning and I am very aware that there are still more improvements, however, I make no apology as to the age of the carpets or furnishings or fixtures in this beautiful old establishment.

If I or my staff can be of further assistance in relation to your misplaced tools, please let us know.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I had such a nice weekend at El Caballo Resort.
Great place to spend the weekends with family, close to the nature and with a great infrastructure.
The staff members are very friendly especial Thanks to Nara, she gave to us good recommendations about all the attractions around that area.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2017

In April we booked to host my Mum and dads 40th wedding anniversay celebration at El cabello as this is where my parent had their reception 40 years ago. The staff were fantastic and were very easy to deal with regards to hiring the venue etc. The Staff were amazing and very helpful throughout the entire weekend, their service was fantastic could not fault them. They were very up front about when the resturant would be open, they were hosting a function in the resturant on the Saturday so help organised a set menu dinner for my family in their Tapas bar and access to the BBQ in the pool area. The room were a little out dated but clean. Over all a great experience and My parents love reminiscing. It is a shame that the arena has not be used in a while but still a beautiful place to visit.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Staff less than helpful. Expensive for condition of property. Public bathroom needed dam good clean! Don't think the pink carpet or tiles had been cleaned in a long time. Sad. Could be a great place. Lovely drive out of perth. So much potential.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

After reading reviews we were quite worried about staying here but it really wasn't that bad, yes the place Is rather dated decor wise but still comfortable and clean, beds were comfy, room was clean, shower hot, bath for the kids, air con and heater, shower and bath, tv, DVD player basic microwave, kettle, toaster.
Restaurant wasn't open but there's a roadhouse and tavern right next door so was no big issue and only a short drive to next town with KFC, hungry jacks and a few bigger shops.
Kids played mini golf and tennis and used the pool, we had a grassed area outside our room they could play in safely and the staff were all friendly
There's a gym, indoor spa and sauna which we didn't use and access to do laundry.
Yes could do with some minor fix ups around the huge property but we would come back without an issue

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family