See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I have been visiting this hotel for the past 2 years occasionally due to business needs.
Its a really nice place, with comfortable rooms and substantial breakfast.
The prices are reasonable and the staff warm and frendly. The situation is ideal, cause its only 3 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from the center of the city.
I totally recomend it for business trips and holidays.

Room Tip: Ask for room at the third floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank EVAN S
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I needed a hotel on short notice and arrived during the Agrotika fair. Hotel rooms in Thessaloniki were filled, and I had a choice of this hotel, Perea beach hotels or a 100 euro or 500 euro hotel in the city.

I stayed in the old wing, where I was told two people were there, very quiet (I had 10 hours of jet lag and 24 hours of travel to deal with). There was no hot water at 10:30 pm for a shower. At 1:30 am a couple arrived and were put in the staff quarters right next to me. I asked the front desk to call the people to please speak quieter which they did. And I had hot water for a shower at 2 am.

The room stunk of smoke thanks to previous occupants and the newcomers and the two nights passed. Breakfast is not great and you must go early to get warm food. The cold eggs and bacon are hard to swallow (why they don't have proper heaters under the food or ensure they stay lit and food hot is a good question).

I paid 45 euro per night for a single room with breakfast. For the fair time this was a good deal. I booked three days before I arrived.

Probably it would have been ok if they hadn't rented out the workers' room to guests especially smokers and loud late night people. After working with people at the fair all day dealing with loud people at 1:30 am is a challenge even without jet lag.

The hotel is old, and reminds me of the good old days of drachma Greece where you paid a low price and don't expect alot including hot water on demand, a warm room in winter, a quiet room or a smoke free room.

The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. Same with the manager.

There were some creepy guys hanging around the hotel lobby, smoking, watching t.v. and this might be a bit disconcerting for some travellers. When I went to the lobby at 1:30 am they were still hanging around, smoking.

Room Tip: \i am not sure there is a 'good' or 'better' room. You get barking dogs, car noise and thin walls to deal with anywhere in the hotel. I doubt 'non smoking' rooms exist anywhere in Greece, especially in low priced older hotels.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sharonr806
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The rooms are not clean and the hotel gives rooms to guests for 3 hours (you can understand what that means). If you are "Lucky" and you room is next to these guests you can hear everything. Breakfast is bad and they informed me that breakfast starts at 7.00. I went for breakfast 4 times around 7.20 and nobody was there with everything covered. The person that handles the breakfast came all days around 7.30 , I know Thessaloniki has traffic problems but i don't have to wait for her every day!!! The Owners are not professional and the best i kept it for the end. I informed the receptionist in the morning that i will stay one more night and he told me ok. I arrived at the hotel at 2.00 after midnight with my colleague who stayed in another room and they told me they did a mistake and i have to stay to same room with my colleague and when i asked them that is not acceptable they told me that they call me (Where...they dint had my phone number when i asked them to tell me the number that they called!!!) . Very bad experience!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bapos
Reviewed 14 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We booked this hotel on our way back to the u.k, as another review said it was less than 3 km from the airport. (it is as the crow flies) it is exactly 8 km to the terminal gate. The hotel itself was o.k but is a little bit worn and tired in the bedrooms, but comfortable enough, and the breakfast was substantial, being made to order midweek and buffet at weekends, in the very nice wedding style dining room.
When we left the next day, the hotel took us to the airport in their jeep cherokee car for 10 euros, which was nice, I think they said if they could not take us they would arrange a taxi for 13 euros.
If you would like to use the bus you could walk to the main road (about 600 yards) and get the 72 bus towards Thessaloniki centre, but you will have to change near the airport, cross over the road then get the 78 bus to the airport. This will cost you 80 cents on each bus.
Would I use this hotel again ? Yes I would for an overnight stay, I wouldn't if I was there for a while as there is nothing around you, unless you want to take taxis everywhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple