“Great Get-away”
Review of North Beach Island

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Beach
North Beach Island
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Beach
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Went for a week and stayed for two... says it all. The trip to North Beach via Antigua V C Bird Int, Norman Islander plane followed by a 20min boat ride across a lagoon and through mangrove swamps to this Paradise in the Caribbean was a great intro to an amazing holiday. Emerging out into open sea, North Beach shoreline was like something out of a Bond film and jumping ashore onto soft, clean sand didn't disappoint. The holiday bungalows, some on stilts, some at beach level make a perfect setting on this get-away-from-it-all northern corner of the beautiful island of Barbuda.
We had time to unpack and get settled in a lovely, well appointed, ensuite double room before an amazing sunset followed by an excellent dinner of local lobster; this was to prove the first of many.
Reuben, with very capable support from Sophie, was a perfect host... friendly, hospitable and an amazing cook. He seemed able to adapt to every culinary whim. We were very lucky, being early in the season, to be the only guests. As a result we had over a mile of stunning beach to ourselves. Whilst attentive to our every need, Reuben and Sophie and the occasional visiting fishermen, had the knack of knowing when to be on hand and when to leave us in glorious seclusion.
We had intended to return to Coddrington for the second week, but took little persuasion to stay on North Beach for the remainder of our stay. One of a kind!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RichandCutie
There are newer reviews for North Beach Island

Reviewed 21 July 2012

This was the end to a trip that began in Dominica - in many ways it was the opposite to my experience in the other island. Barbuda is low and scrubby - you do not come here for shopping or landscapes. But the seascape is idyllic, as is the beach. Reuben was flexible and discussed each meal with me, adjusting to my request for conch on the final night rather than the fish I mentioned that morning. The Banks beer was a personal favourite and Tanya's good natured meal service was a great complement to Reuben's cooking. I loved the seclusion and beauty of North Beach, though being the only guest for my two-day stay was disappointing only inasmuch as I think this is such a gem that it deserves guests. You must, however, read the North Beach ad and realise what you opt for by choosing this resort - a real escape from technology and the 21st Century. Thanks, Reuben!

Room Tip: Don't leave your door open or you will spend time tracking down the odd fly; likewise, Muskol or...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Bruggadung
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My friend and I stayed at north beach in may for a week and it's literally the best place I've ever been to in my life. The cottages are charming, really clean and tastefully done. The beaches are to die for, the food delicious (I had lobster 4 times) and reuben the owner and Joanne the chef were more than helpful, lovely and hilarious. It is a really special place, and really secluded, but with everything you could need. I cannot recommend it highly enough!! Phoebe.

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank Phoebe1987
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We recently got married in Antigua and decided to take ourselves away for a private lttle mini-moon. We genuinely couldn't have picked a better location than North beach for this.
Someone was ready to collect us at the airport and then we were taken on a boat by Norman to our cottage. The journey there is stunning, travelling through the mangroves via the Frigate Bird Sanctuary.
We were greeted with a very friendly welcome by a smiling Reuben and Joanne.
For our entire 3 night stay we were so well looked after, 3 meals a day and as much of Reubens famous rum punch as we could manage. The food was fantastic, we took advantage of the fresh lobster and requested lobster for lunch and dinner on 2 of our 3 nights. The steak we got on the other night was delicious as well.
It really is a paradise Island and I have to say that i haven't felt as relaxed in years as I did during my stay there. Miles of beach with just the two of us there, perfect for a honeymoon getaway.
We met Douglas the Donkey and paddled with a stingray that ventured to within only a a few feet of the beach.
With no TV, Phone or internet reception it really is a chance for you to relax, enjoy each others company and be at one with nature. Although Reuben and Joanne really are great company and fun to be around.
I can't think of anything else to say other than it really is a little piece of Heaven on Earth, and we really hope to return one day.
Thanks Reuben and Joanne. x

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rachel R
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We went to North Beach as part of our honeymoon and it was a unique experience. We knew it was isolated and unspoilt which is why we chose it, to truly get away. We were met at the airport and driven through Codrington, the locals are just lovely and very friendly. Norm picked us up on the boat and we got a 20 min ride through the lagoon, with the frigate bird sanctuary. Once upon Goat Island Rueben met us and helped us with our luggage to our cabin. It was like a postcard, pink white sand azure blue waters, conch shells and coral reefs. Our cabin was comfortable, clean and idyllic. Everyday our meals were cooked and prepared for us, we felt part of the family and spent our days swimming, sleeping, eating and waking along the amazing beaches. Never have we relaxed so much. Furthermore you get a sense of the realism of living in the Caribbean, on an isolated island you are so much more aware of your surroundings and nature, I am quite fond of the little crabs that pop up everywhere and Douglas the wild donkey. Thank you Rueben and Joanne for sharing with us the experience of Barbuda we hope to be back with you soon x

Room Tip: There are only 4 cottages all wonderful
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jo H

Been to North Beach Island? Share your experiences!