Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$403
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
US$403
View deal
eDreamsUS$403
Agoda.comUS$403
Travelocity
All reviews isle of skye beautiful hotel hunting lodge views island scotland mainland
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2019

Had a great stay and beautiful scenery!! We only stayed one night and didn't make it in time for dinner but we did have a great breakfast the next morning!! I would recommend this place for the views alone.

2  Thank lauraaharrell
Reviewed 11 August 2019 via mobile

Top ever, kindness since I step in, communication skills to make me comfortable as much as possible, location is stunning, interior environment is hight level of elegance, but not make you uncomfortable any case, quiet lounge where enjoy reading or play on beautifulchessboard, or doing what ever else. Large window on the view of the bay, amazing bar in the side tower of the castle . Team is professional with a positive mood, food absolutely delicious. Menu in easy and satisfying every choice.
Highly recommended

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank gegenio
Reviewed 6 August 2019

Nice hotel with wonderful view. Next to the hotel there are also two nice tracks that take to the sea. Rooms are clean and elegant. Staff kind and courteous, explecially Sarah. Breakfast (in British style) ok.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2019

After a week touring the west coast of Scotland staying in modest accommodation I wanted to end our holiday in style with a stay at The Flodigarry. What a disappointment!

The hotel is trading purely on its location, on the sea edge with uninterrupted views across to the mainland. The hotel itself is poor. For the £300+ a night price I was expecting to stay in the lap of luxury but this place is creaking at the seams.

The first impression of the hotel was poor, a badly damaged flower pot outside the main entrance and creaking uneven floorboards as you approach reception. We were greeted by Sarah a pleasant young lady covered from neck to toe in tattoos. As I was shown my accommodation in a cottage at the back of the hotel we had to walk through a litter strewn outside bar area with unemptied ash trays and plastic bottles on the floor.

The accommodation itself was basic and certainly not worth the £300 price tag. A basic room with tiny wardrobe, no iron or trouser press and a roll top bath (no shower) which looks great but is hopeless to use as there is nowhere to put your toiletries while bathing.

The food was good and the staff were friendly and professional but the hotel itself is tired. I'm afraid shabby chic doesn't work for me when I'm paying through the nose. The hotel is a total rip off for the quality of service it actually provides. The Dutch owners need to drag this place up to modern standards if they expect to charge premium prices. I wont be coming back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank johnhird2003
Reviewed 28 July 2019

We thought the garden lodge would a luxury romantic treat in our hectic island holiday. It was not.

The lodge is just at the back of the hotel and you have walk past grotty buildings to get to the main hotel. It has no views. It is dark and dingy with bugs and cobwebs. More shed than lodge. Some of the hotel windows overlook the lodge.

Now if that was not bad enough at £350 per night the fact that when we came to have a bath the taps fell off and it had no running water was quite a shock. Phoned reception who just stated they would get the handy man to look it after we had left. We then tried both shower heads. After a minute or two the water in one shower dropped by about 80% to a trickle and the other was so low you would not of been able to rinse out hair conditioner. Complained again. Managements response was to send us two glasses of flat champagne. The toilet door also does not shut.

Bed also uncomfortable and felt like a cheap mattress.

Breakfast was a strange affair. Alpen with yoghurt on top and four blueberries. Horrid. Followed by a flat piece of cheap white bread with again four blueberries, apparently this was french toast. We left it.

I think we could of stayed in any low or midrange B&B and probably had a better experience. I tried to complain on check out but was told there was no manager available. I have also followed up with them again via email. No response.

If you have booked and you are still in your cancellation period I would seriously advise you cancel, I wish I had.

Room tip: avoid garden lodge
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple