“Genuine hospitality from beautiful people!”

Review of KURNIA HOMESTAY

Dining Area
Washing Machine
Electric Appliances
Bedroom for 3
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Tobias B
Ternate, Indonesia
“Genuine hospitality from beautiful people!”
Reviewed 1 November 2017 for a stay in July 2015

My second stay at Kurnia Homestay only reinforces our belief that Ternate is one of the outstanding locations not only in Asia but in the world. And, Kurniati and her mother went out of their way to do EVERYTHING possible to make my stays one that I will never forget. The home is clean and comfortable, and Kurniati's mother is a world-class cook who will keep your tongue dancing with the vibrant flavors of the "Spice Islands." Ternate might not be the easiest destination to get to, but the remoteness helps it maintain its charm even in this ever globalizing world.

You will share engaging conversation with your hosts over breakfasts and then go off to spend your days cruising between islands and sipping ginger tea from idyllic stilt houses built out over the serene Sulamadaha bay or hiking the verdant jungle that winds through fields of black lava, watching majestic plumes billow up from Mt Gamalama, exploring ancient ruins, picking through rare jewels, or hunting bargains in the shopping district. And then at night you will cozy up in a comfortable bed at Kurnia Homestay in a safe and quiet neighborhood.

The last time I looked the homestay was booked, which was not the case during my first or second stay. I am afraid the secret is now out, so please book ahead of time... but hopefully not before I get my own next reservation in!

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
4 Nov 2017
Thank you so much for the review Tobias. It was wonderful to have you stay with us in Kurnia Homestay. We're looking forward for your next visit to Ternate. We wish you all the best.

Aty - Kurnia Homestay Ternate
AuBoiseJo...
“Ternate and Ati: Indonesia at its best!”
Reviewed 30 October 2017 for a stay in March 2015

It has been a very nice pleasure to discover this gorgeous island and this wonderfull person. Friendly, communicative, respectfull. She helped me discover her island with a great number of useful hints. I also discovered by her mean a muslim world I wasn't aware of. Very peaceful, very interesting. I wish Ati my best and hope one day to meet her and her friendly mom again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
4 Nov 2017
Thank you so much for the review Thierry. It was a huge pleasure to have you stay with us in Kurnia Homestay. We're looking forward to your next visit in the future. We wish you all the best.

Aty - Kurnia Homestay Ternate
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing