Discover Slovakia with Dr. Branislav
Open today: 00:00 - 23:59
Review Highlights
Genealogy Research in Posa, Slovakia

In doing family genealogy research of my maternal great grandparents, I knew they came from Posa... read more

Reviewed 29 November 2023
Hugh Q
Walking Tour of Prešov

Reviewed 25 October 2021
799milank
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 October 2021 via mobile

Dr. Branislav gave us (a group of 20 on a business trip) an hour long tour of Prešov historical city center. He was absolutely flexible with our delays caused by previous programme and picked us up at our hotel downtown. The guide was very well prepared with posters depicting important regional historical symbols, items and milestones. Great level of English and insight into the topic. All around a wonderful experience that our group appreciated very much!

Date of experience: October 2021
Reviewed 3 December 2019

Branislav is an absolute treasure and I’m so incredibly grateful to him for making my trip as amazing as it was. I was traveling to Presov by myself to try and learn more about where my great grandparents came from and I had no idea where to even begin. Branislav showed me around the city, gave amazing history about the city, took me to the opal mines (which I know I would have never been able to see if it were just me) and even went as far as to lookup my last name to help me track down possible relatives in town.

He is such a kind, generous soul with an amazing passion for his city. A trip to Presov is not complete without having Branislav show you around. You will not be disappointed. It was by far the best tour I’ve ever been on in my years of traveling. Branislav, thank you so very much for such an incredible trip to Presov. I can’t wait to return! My heart is so full!

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 17 August 2019

Our children gave us the gift of a trip to Prague and Slovakia. My husband's maternal and paternal grandparents immigrated from Slovakia to the United States so we were interested in visiting the villages where they grew up.. Not knowing the language or familiar with the area we searched the internet for a guide and found the most amazing person...Dr. Branislav. From his first email to our final goodbye, Branislav was all (and more) than you could ever ask for in a guide. He took us to meet a cousin we knew about in Trocany who then took us to meet his parents and other cousins. It was a long day but Branislav was so patient and helpful, filling out family trees with all the information the cousins were able to provide. The next day we visited the villages of Babie and Koprivnica to locate the grandparents homes. Branislav knocked on the doors at these addresses, asked about the family connection and we were thrilled to find a few more cousins and learn more family background. Branislav made this trip so meaningful for us. His enthusiasm and love of Slovakia is contagious. With his patient and pleasant personality he is easy to work and travel with. I would highly recommend Branislav to anyone traveling to Slovakia. Your trip will be so enhanced seeing Slovakia through his eyes.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 23 July 2019

Branislav truly made our trip to Presov and Ladomirova special. He did research before to track down information and set us up to cover all the spots we wanted to hit in just two days. He is thoughtful, well informed and genuinely fun to be around. He even trekked through the forrest with us for miles in search of an old Jewish cemetery! Furthermore, he left us with a ton of great recommendations for where to eat and drink as well as great places to stop on way to Poland.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed 22 July 2019

Branislav did an amazing job researching my grandfather’s roots and mapping out his history to show us when we visited earlier this month! He was a pleasure to be with for two days and not only gave us the history of Presov but also gave us a taste of what life is like there today. He had great food recommendations and we truly enjoyed our time wit him!

Date of experience: July 2019