Discover Slovakia with Dr. Branislav
Open today: 00:00 - 23:59
Review Highlights
Genealogy Research in Posa, Slovakia

In doing family genealogy research of my maternal great grandparents, I knew they came from Posa... read more

Reviewed 29 November 2023
Hugh Q
With gratitude to Dr. Branislav whose curiosity & tenacity helped us reconnect with family

Dr. Branislav was an amazing guide for our trip to Slovakia and onto Vienna. He used our genealogy... read more

Reviewed 6 July 2023
Valarie G
Rowayton CT

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2018

I went to Slovakia to find where my mother was born, to visit cousins from all four grandparents, and to explore and experience the Slovak culture. Branio was my tour guide for exploring the Slovak culture and he did an excellent job. We spent one day visiting the historic wooden church at Brezany, the UNESCO town Bardejov, and recreated historic village at Bardejov Spa. Branio's knowledge of history, command of the English language and love of his country made the exoerience one to remember and treasure. He also suggested dinner in Presov at Sarisska Chiza, a restaurant specializing in Slovak cuisine. The food was just like 'grandma's' - delicious, and the decor was a mixture of Slovak traditions.

Date of experience: August 2018
branislav s, Owner at Discover Slovakia with Dr. Branislav, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Cyndi, thank you very much for a very nice day we spent!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

My wife and I met Branislav Svorc at the recommendation of his colleague Michal Razus. From the moment he met us at the Kosice train station, I felt we made a great choice. Branislav or Branio as he preferred, was our chauffeur, interpreter and guide for our two full days in Slovakia. He had tracked down some info on the villages of my grand and great grandparents from some info I sent him from my records. We met for the first time a cousin, my mother's step brother's son and had a wonderful afternoon with him and his wife. I can't say enough about Branio's skills as interpreter and guide for those two days. He was congenial and so pleasant, I only wish I had more time to spend. Slovakia was beautiful. It is something I will never forget.

Date of experience: July 2018
branislav s, Owner at Discover Slovakia with Dr. Branislav, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Jerry, it was my pleasure to be a part of your trip in Slovakia. Hope to see you soon in Slovakia!

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Branio spent a couple of afternoons with me, my wife, and our traveling partners touring eastern Slovakia, and his guidance and assistance in our travels was invaluable. Branio first provided us with a tour of Levoca, along with the historical background of the area. Next, we went to a small town to meet with family, and Branio's assistance with translation and reviewing our family tree with an 88 year old member of the family helped to make this part of the trip unforgettable. While we weren't able to fully link the family tree, we had a very special experience with our Slovakian family. We spent time reviewing family history, visited a church that my great grandfather and grandfather attended over a hundred years ago. Then, our Slovakian family laid out meats, cheeses, pastries, and drinks, and Branio stayed with us and provided translation so that we could connect with family. He was outstanding in making this a special experience.

The next day, Branio brought us to Bardejov and provided us with the history and background on this medieval northern city. We then went to see a Rusyn wooden church, and a small village area that has buildings that are set up in the same design as my grandparents would have experienced in the late 1800's. It was very rewarding to experience the same type of environment that my grandparents experienced.

Branio was outstanding throughout the touring and family adventure, and he really made the trip a memorable experience. I would strongly recommend Branio for tours and meeting with ancestral family members in Slovakia.

Date of experience: June 2018
branislav s, Majiteľ at Discover Slovakia with Dr. Branislav, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Jim, it was my pleasure to assist you during your trip in Eastern Slovakia! I hope you will have only the best memories!

Reviewed 12 May 2018

My husband and I recently returned from a trip to Slovakia. We were lucky enough to spend two days with Branio. He was assigned as our tour guide/translator through an agency. Although a different tour had been previously arranged, Branio was willing to change the itinerary to help us find a relative. Although I knew only my relative's name, and the city where he lived and worked, Branio was not daunted by the challenge. With only 3 phone calls over 30 minutes, Branio found my relative and arranged for us to meet that afternoon.Unbelievable! Branio accompanied us and served as translator during a very enjoyable visit. Branio also took us on an impromptu tour of Humenne, my maternal grandparents' town, and Prešov.
I cannot speak highly enough of Branio. In addition to being very flexible and accommodating with our plans, he was extremely knowledgable and professional. He thoroughly answered all our questions and offered his own insights and stories. His English is excellent! We thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent with him. We plan to return to Slovakia and will definitely work with Branio again.
I would give him the highest recommendation possible.
Thank you, Branio!!

Mary Anne
Chester Springs, PA

Date of experience: May 2018
branislav s, Owner at Discover Slovakia with Dr. Branislav, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

It was my pleasure to be part of your visit of Slovakia! Thank you and see you soon! (-:

Reviewed 14 November 2017

We met Branislav Svorc through a friend of his, Michal Razus. Michal was doing research for us on our grandparents who were born in Slovakia. We were touring Slovakia and wanted to visit the towns our parents lived (for a period of time) and where our grandparents lived and were buried. Michal was not able to take us on this tour so he introduced us to Branislav. Even though he wasn’t the one who did the research he was very well prepared to spend the day finding out about our ancestors. We started out at the Humanne Town Registry. He called ahead so they had the records.ready for us to review. He was able to explain who we were and what information we were looking for. We spent the entire day going to the towns our parents and grandparents lived before they returned to the US where they were both born.
Branislav was well versed in Slovakian history and made our day very exciting, informative and interesting. He was able to answer all our questions and it was a pleasure spending the day with him.
He was personable, professional and extremely knowledgeable in all areas. We would highly recommend him for all services you might be looking for during your time in Slovakia. It is a beautiful country and a wonderful place to visit.
The Three Sisters
Marian, Lorraine, Irene
Georgia, Florida, California, USA

Date of experience: September 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank ifmorse