“Not good for food intolerances”

Wild Arctic restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Ranua
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Reviewed 17 March 2022 via mobile

Not great for those following a limited diet. I am gluten and lactose free and my friend is vegetarian, very limited choices for vegetarians and the chef said I could have the pasta which I obviously couldn’t! Food wasn’t very hot either. We ate breakfast and dinner in this restaurant neither were very hot.

There is a cafe nearby open during the day as well

Date of visit: March 2022

Reviewed 3 March 2022

Great restaurant where you can enjoy a nice buffet meal after spending a nice walk watching lovely animals at Ranua Zoo. The chicke, fish, game and mash potato and pasta on the buffet were very nice. Coffee and soft drinks also included.

Date of visit: February 2022
Reviewed 29 June 2020 via mobile

TLDR: You pay for the location.

Ate here buffet lunch between visiting zoo and new playground. It’s pretty obvious you pay for the location and getting food right away. Food isn’t anything special, it’s not hot, but at least Finnish kids like as it is like eating at school. It’s 14,50 € for adults and about 9,40 € for kids. Kids get an ice cream, too.

Anyway, I would have given the place 3/5 (because my low expectations for places like this), but I think they have done almost nothing considering the covid situation. They have desinfection for your hands and couple of stickers on floor, but buffet is pre-covid style, dirty dishes didn’t seem to bother staff, didn’t see anyone wiping tables or changing utensils.

Date of visit: June 2020
1  Thank katariinam
Reviewed 14 March 2020

We ate here whilst staying at hotel. The choice at breakfast included hot foods, smoked and roasted salmon, salads/ cheese/ cold meat, lovely fresh bread, pastries and biscuits, and some fruit, plus drinks. The evening choice was a soup, main courses of chicken, fish and red meats which changed each day, plus a small dessert. We generally enjoyed everything, the red meats were rich and tender, and the chicken dishes were very tasty. Dessert was a little unexciting, but honestly, that is a very minor criticism as by then we were too full anyway! I'm quite fussy, and my 18 and 20 year old sons are big eaters, and we all found plenty to enjoy at every meal

Date of visit: March 2020
2  Thank debbiemoo
Reviewed 14 March 2020

Food and staff were very nice...dinner was buffet style always 3 choices of main fish,chicken and red meat with veg....we ate here twice during our stay and both times found the food on offer was really nice.

Date of visit: March 2020