Taste of Finnish Nature

Book in advance
from
US$85.96
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Adventure Apes
from US$85.96
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Its was wonderful trip with Adventure Apes , thanks to Heidi for arranging such a nice trip which was well managed and planned.

We all enjoyed the stay in Farm house near Ruka and visited wonderful places around there.

Date of experience: September 2017
adventureheidi, Owner at Adventure Apes, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2020

Thank you Aftab! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the tour with us. It was such an adventure to remember. All the best!

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

It was a great experience with Adventure apes. First time in my life doing Nordic walking, and I absolutely loved it! Heidi, was very friendly and helpful at all the times. Beautiful landscapes, fresh air, nice exercise and a taste of the best doughnuts in town, delicious!
I definitely recommend to try this Nordic walking tour in Tampere city.

Gisel, Argentina.

Date of experience: March 2017
Heidi S, Owner at Adventure Apes, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Thank you Gisel!

We are happy to hear you liked our Nordic Walking tour. It was very nice to meet you and explore Tampere together with you. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 27 March 2017

Thanks to Adventure Apes and Heidi, I had the pleasure to try to dip in a Finnish Ice Lake and then go in the local sauna full of happy locals. Unforgettable experience! It was perfect to be guided in that experience who would be so different on your own. The view was beautiful and the sauna experience so relaxing...
All the locals are in swimming suits, so don´t be afraid ;)

Thank you Emeline!

We are so proud of you! At first you were so scared about swimming in a frozen lake but you had the courage to do it! The first time is always the worst but then you know what is going to happen and you start loving it. And you wanted to dip in ice cold water all together four times! That is amazing! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed it. All the best and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Although I had an idea of what I wanted to do during my trip to Finland, I was unsure I would accomplish it as a solo traveler on short notice. I sent an email with some ideas and my dates, and Heidi responded promptly with a plan that exceeded my expectations at a reasonable price. My experience included 2 nights at Heidi and Petri's beautiful home (complete with sauna), a hike in a Finnish wilderness area, a walking tour of Tampere, and of course ice-swimming in the lake followed by traditional public sauna. Heidi also provided hearty, traditional Finnish meals and snacks and all transportation/guide services. Would definitely recommend this to someone who, like me, doesn't do well on traditional guided tours. Heidi will listen to your ideas and customize the tour to your liking. She even made a special stop so that I could try black sausage, a local delicacy. Highlights include swimming in the frozen lake (definitely an experience) and learning survival skills such as starting a fire without matches and looking for wild berry plants during the nature walk. Thanks Heidi!

Date of experience: March 2017
Heidi S, Omistaja at Adventure Apes, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Thank you Shane! It was a pleasure to go on adventure with you. We are so proud of you as an ice swimmer. You swam four times on a frozen lake! It was great to talk with you about anything and we definitely enjoyed our time with you. Good luck with your new adventures at the other side of the world. Kippis!

Reviewed 13 March 2017

As CEO, I had the pleasure of spending three days and two nights with the Adventure Apes for an internal company event. Heidi took excellent care of us and took care of everything. During the days we had some serious business to discuss, balanced by relaxing outdoor activities.

A nice long walk in the quiet countryside, under a star-filled sky to a cozy hut where we proceeded to make a fire and cook a lovely dinner together really was a superb team-building activity.

One evening we were visited by a local shaman at the house, which proved to be a very interesting experience indeed. Highly recommended!

Thanks Thomas!

We were happy to have you and your lovely team in our home in Orivesi. It was great to plan the program with you and we really hope that all of your team enjoyed their stay with us. Good luck with your interesting video business and greetings for the whole team!