All reviewsnice staffstay there againclean roomsswimming poolworked perfectlyenglish
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I only stayed one night at this hotel, while I was working in Hodmezovasarhely. It is very to the swimming pool in the city area. Hotel is nice and modern with cute and nice staff, rooms are clean and good sized, not tiny places. Dogs are allowed. Recommended.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 28 May 2017

Dear silangel1,

We are very happy that you liked our location and it is very good to hear that you found our staff nice. I hope we can welcome you back for a longer stay so you can take full advantage of all our services.

Best regards,
David Nagygyörgy
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 5 May 2017

As I stayed in this hotel a few times already I knew the pros and cons. This time we had a quiet smooth time. Breakfast was fast and handy.
I will return for sure as the hotels's location is unbeatable!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 18 May 2017

Dear AndyBud1977,

Thank you very much for your review. We are really glad that you were satisfied with our smooth service and we are looking forward to welcoming you again to our Hotel!

Best regards,
David Nagygyörgy
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 6 December 2016

The Hotel Ginkgo in Hodmezovasarhely surprisingly fully booked most of the time considering the city is not exactly a holiday destination. However it is an "artists" colony base with an excellent museum and art gallery that is a must to visit. The thermal bath is also an attraction there together with swimming pools complex that attracts sporting people for swimming competitions. The hotel is classified as a five star and even I would not classify it that high the quality of the hotel is very good. Comfortable rooms especially the ones has a kitchenette and the buffet breakfast is high standard. It is located in the center of the town and walking distance from the shopping street. However taxis are extremely cheap to access any other places you want to go.

Room Tip: Best room is with kitchenette
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel a few times already but this time I had experienced something new...

Our room was like a free peep-show...as in the neighboring room the individuals enjoyed each other very much which we also experienced and heard all over...

On the other hand nothing new in this property...but be prepared you may be as lucky as we were...

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2016

We stayed in September and the reason for our stay was that my husband was having dental treatment.

The room was modern with a comfy bed. Had kettle with tea and coffee and fridge.

The staff were friendly and very helpful especially the day my husband came back from surgery. Thanks for your help and the ice packs.

Hodmezovasherly is a very quiet place with not much to do. It was really hot while we were there so we spent most days at the public swimming pool and also went to Szeged which take 1/2 hour on the bus.

There is a great restaurant across the road called Kispiac. Fekete just round the corner in the square is also great for a drink or too and some food.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple