Lowest prices for your stay
US$209
View deal
Free cancellation until 02/11/21
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews food menu tatties isle of skye calamari service was quick and friendly langoustines reception area couple of nights room was spacious stayed here for nights warm welcome lovely place dog erin glenelg isles deer
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I've stayed here several times over the years. It used to have a good atmosphere with lots of outdoor activity people. It's changed to a one night/evening stopping point for cars and motor homes.
Our room was clean but beds very creaky. Get rid of the iron and bath robes in exchange for decent beds. Dinner menu expensive and bland. Beer overpriced.
Breakfast was average but ok.
They require you to settle your bill each night which we did - then hotel said they had forgotten some drinks and charged us more. Count what you are eating and drinking!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank donaldf673
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stopped off here for a spot of lunch around 2pm, the sign read open all day....
We were shown to a table by a listless disinterested waiter, that should probably have been a warning.... we were then ignored for 30 minutes, as two members of staff hurried back and forth, working hard not to meet my eye or respond to my “excuse men’s”.

My experience has been that this happens when the kitchen staff have had enough, I don’t understand why they don’t just say “sorry were closed”....
Walked out, hungry and annoyed, will never go back.

Reviewed 19 September 2021 via mobile

This place has bags of potential but sadly doesn’t have the feel of a classic highland pub. It feels like management just want as much money as possible and don’t have a real care for the customers. The smiles seem disingenuous.

The previous owners would run walkers to the start point but hotel now charging £20 for the privilege!!

Also, last orders is at 10pm?!

I do think that this place would work great in Disney land or somewhere highly commercialised (note the extra £1 for clotted cream with your scone at the cafe!!), but not Kintail…

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2021

I stayed here for many years while climbing the South Cluanie Ridge, and munros to the North. Sadly under new ownership the charm of a Highland Inn and drovers' lodge has gone. There are no longer forms to fill in when going out on the hills for safety, you have to use a piece of blank paper. Would it be so difficult to use the office printer to print some forms? drop offs are still done, at twice the previous price, but no pickups, which the previous owner did. Lemonade was £3.50 a glass, which makes it ten times the price of the petrol sold outside (from an automatic pump without attendant. I remember the days when Cluanie had a hand operated pump, and a man came out with a nice smile to operate it.)
There is nothing wrong with this style of expensive hotel if you have lot of money to spend, but not here in the Highlands. There is no Scottish history except a few photographs on the wall. The deer no longer come to the hotel bedroom window as they used to every night. I am paying for a sauna in the price. What for, there are nearby mountains for exercise!
On the night we stayed there was a predicted Aurora display. The Highlands are the best place in Britain to see this (apart from Orkney and Shetland) because of the northern location. I went outside and couldn't see anything for all the lights around the hotel causing light pollution.
There is a note in the terms and conditions that my card will be charged if anything is missing from the room or any damage. Thanks for the insult. (Also I believe that making extra charges after paying the bill is not legal).

Room tip: room 8 has a view of the Loch and mountains
Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank Colin P
Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

Beautiful Room, Terrible Breakfast Service

We stayed in the highland suite room 4, the Hotel is in the most beautiful position. The rooms/interior are lovely. Reception staff, bar staff/cleaners are great.
However the lady who runs breakfast is terrible. Slow service, visible displays of frustration & attitude asked for a coffee refill ‘ I will do it in a minute’ then continued to do a lot of nothing. Place people on small tables and do Not clear away used crockery/cutlery.
Puts out the bare minimum of food so when it runs,out having to wait for her to come back out, and deal with her ‘in a minute’ she’s clearly out of her depth on her own 2/3 people running breakfast would ensure, smooth service, and people attended too. The amount of people we saw getting upset and frustrated.

Food/restaurant looks and is lovely however a little pricey but when queried this was explained & I fully understand.
Would we come back, in a heart beat. Just hope they sort the breakfast out.

Trip type: Travelled with family