All reviews indulgence package coral coast pool villa white sand beach fish private beach hidden paradise rental car fresh coconut rooms are comfortable relaxing massage dvd player clear water peace and quiet nearest town main island scuba diving
Reviewed 27 November 2017

We picked Wellesley Resort because of the location - hubby and I love to snorkel and wanted to get away from it all without breaking the bank. We hadn't been to Fiji before. The Wellesley lived up to my expectations, it was very remote and quiet. The Executive room was comfortable, the Staff were Fantastic, Friendly & Attentive. We thought the meals were pricey though so if you get the option of full board you are better off including it as the meals have an additional 25% of taxes tacked on top of an already expensive price tag eg. Chefs Special - Salad was $25 + taxes, I feel these should have already been incorporated into that $25. The meals were a little hit n miss at times but you cant please everyone and if we had a problem with anything then we just bought it to their attention and they did their best to rectify the problem. The Chef's do a lovely curry if you get the chance to try it. But like I said - Full Board when booking will save you some of your well earned money. We were lucky enough to spend 2 weeks snorkelling, swimming in the huge pool, eating & sleeping and was thoroughly relaxed when it came time to leave. The resort itself has undergone renovations and things I could've picked with the room were fixed in the time we were there with no inconvenience to us. Apparently they will be renovating the resort over time but like I said - we were not inconvenienced at all. Gail deserves a pat on the back for the way she manages the resort and the staff adore her. The staff are all amazingly attentive, friendly and eager to please. The walk to the top of the hill gives a gorgeous panoramic view and you can get a true indication of the breathtaking location. You may even get a mobile phone signal while your up there because the mobile & internet coverage is very intermittent - that is a good thing when holidaying in a remote location :) The coconut demonstration was informative, Thank You Sabyl.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
BrentCoffey, Manager at Wellesley Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Bula Kaz. Thanks for the near perfect review on our resort! I'll pass your comments onto our food and beverage team. Salads really are a particularly expensive item to source in Fiji. We try to be very competitive with all of our food prices. Our rooms rates now include a free $50 food and beverage credit (plus free welcome drinks, arrival transfers and massage), so there are loads of reasons alone to come back and visit us again!

Reviewed 20 November 2017

I and my wife had trip of our life at Wellesley resort. Staff is very caring ,professional, concerned for guests comfort and always smiling so it gave sense of importance to us.

We highly recommend this place to people who are looking for serenity

Talica, Naushad, Wana, Mili, Raj, Sera, and all Wellesley staff thank you very much for making our Honeymoon so memorable... :)

With Lots of love
Chinmay & Disha

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Chinmay and Disha. Sounds like you had a very special time at the Wellesley. We are delighed to hear this. If you have any guest photos to share, we'd love to see them! marketing@wellesley.co.nz Vinaka!

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

This was my best stay at a hotel, the rooms are comfortable and very well decorated, the staff is very helpful at all times and of course with a smile at their faces saying"Bula", the food is very exquisite, the hotel is very well located inside a tropical forest next to the sea, in a hill where by the pool you can even see the beach; alongside the sand of the beach you can see the exotic vegetation, any kind of beautiful and colorful crabs, the place is nice for birdwatching, snorkeling, riding a horse, massage. I'm in love with this place, I'll definitely come again. The only thing I would change is the road before entering the resort, because is very undone and at night there's not so many lights not even near the beach if you want to walk.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Randy. We love your description of our lovely resort. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. We really look forward to welcoming your back to our island paradise again in the future. Vinaka!!

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We had a great time at Wellesley Resort, the location is perfect, in the middle of tropical forest. The food is amazing, so is the friendly staff. We enjoyed the walks with locals when you can learn about, see and taste local nature. We spent a lot of time snorkeling, kayaking and swimming. We recommend it for those who want to escape the crowds as it is a small and isolated place.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Such lovely kind comments and a very honest summary on the experience offered at our resort. The free garden and cultural tours offered by our staff really are the epitome of personalised service!

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

I actually proposed to my girlfriend on this resort, staffs were amazing and helpful organizing my proposal, Highly recommended the Chef, we both loved all the meals he cooked. staffs are friendly and helpful. Sibil the fishing guy was amazing, we tried the hand fishing and we caught a few snappers, absolutely love my experience with him,
my only problem is the $10 charge to pick you up from the main rd, so be aware of it, I personally think they should pick up guest from the main road and it is our first impression of the place was the 10 pick up fee, we are gonna spend our $$ inside the resort anyways and makes us feel welcome rather than bluntly said it's a $10 fee to pick up us from the main road. all about the first impression of going to a new resort, Anyways that was my only negative on this amazing place. I will still go back to this resort.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Jeff. Thanks for taking the time to share a review with us. That's awesome that you proposed to your girlfriend at our resort. So cool! Look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.