3,148 results
All reviews wicked walu bula brasserie japanese restaurant sunset bar suva wing coral coast kids club fish private transfer table tennis an ocean view room sea snakes tennis courts beautiful resort relaxing holiday waterfall tour kids activities
Reviewed 15 November 2017

We are a family of 2 adults & 3 children under 6 from Melbourne, currently 5 days into an 8 day stay. After long & careful research we chose The Warwick Fiji over the Outrigger where we had stayed twice previously. The 3 reasons we chose The Warwick was because the kids club starts from 3 years, the reviews were good & we found a good deal. It is a regretful decision - I’m baffled how anyone could give The Warwick a good review. The disappointments are many however I will start with the two positives.

Firstly the grounds are gorgeous, well maintained and vast. There are plenty of beautiful spots to be alone or to walk amongst the gardens. It’s first class in that respect. There are also plenty of flat paved paths for prams or wheelchairs if required.

Second positive is the Garden View room is plenty big enough for our family of 5, with two double beds & a single bed to share. Our young children don’t mind sharing.

Now for the disappointments & the reasons we’ll never return to The Warwick. Every staff member appears disinterested in being in this industry. No big welcoming Bulas or smile - just disdain, almost like they expect us to be rude tourists so they make no effort. We are always respectful, using Bula & Vinaka, even our 3 year old twins. But it falls flat. No single staff member has stood out better than the rest. It’s almost like they are ‘over it’ at the end of a long tourist season, but the high season is just about to start, so it can’t be that.

The kids club ladies have simply been awful. Kids club starts from 3 years here (let’s face it, one of the main reasons we chose this resort), yet we have been told our 3 year old twins are not welcome without paying for additional staff as they “don’t listen”. That has upset me the most to be honest. I have continued to take my 5 year old daughter to the kids club, and today as I helped her settle into her seat & choose her colours for the craft activity, I was told to leave by the organiser. This was after the organiser had yelled at one of the other kids. The ladies who work there seem to be very over their job & frankly shouldn’t be there. I would complain however I’m afraid my polite & quiet daughter would be treated even more poorly.

The kids club also states it is open from 9am-9pm, however it isn’t. They provide a 3 hour program in the morning (9-12), 2 hours in the afternoon (2-4), and 2 hours in the evening (7-9). Nannies can be booked privately outside these hours for an hourly rate. There are also only 2 ladies on duty at the kids club, so if lots of kids turn up, they can’t cope.

Today they ran out of towels at the main pool. This was at 10am. Towels finally arrived at 12noon. We had nothing to dry our kids with before 12. This is a big resort, at the beginning of the peak season & they ran out of towels! Really not good enough. While mentioning the pool, it’s fine, (although the Outrigger has much better & larger pools), but there aren’t enough lounges. We have been here 5 days & not once been able to access the lounges beside the pool. People save their seats with towels (I guess that’s where all the towels are!) but don’t return for hours. Having travelled to many resorts I’m very familiar with this practice, but the resort should be more on top of it.

While there is a swim up bar, there is no poolside drinks or food service.

Our room has only been serviced twice in 5 days - so perhaps they service rooms only every 2nd day here.

While kids eat free from the buffet, in my opinion the food is not suitable for kids tastes. Perhaps it’s just my kids, but for lunch they just want fruit, crackers & sandwiches. These options are not provided. Instead it is huge serving dishes of flavoured fish, flavoured stewed vegetables & complicated salads. My kids aren’t interested in the food. I must say though, the breakfast is excellent & seems to be commonly included in room rates.

We are not a wealthy family with high expectations. I’m a stay-at-home Mum who is simply looking for a hassle free, welcoming, relaxing holiday at a nice resort, with Fijian hospitality, but didn’t get that at The Warwick. I’ll return to The Outrigger next time.

Room Tip: Be prepared for a minimum 2 hour drive from the airport. Ask your driver to stop at a mini mart for cheaper drinks along the way.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank RaychandNick
Nicholas M, Rooms Division Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Bula Vinaka,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Warwick Fiji and for most importantly allowing us the opportunity to review your feedback.

It is clear that on a number of levels our resort has not lived up to your expectation and for this may we offer our most sincerest apology. In particular our children's offering at both our Kids Club and meal options both of which leave a lot to be desired.

I would like to assure you that we are taking steps with the new management team which is now in place to make improvements across the resort and we hope that if we again have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future we hope that you will leave us with memories far more befitting of our resort and Fiji.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are good and are serviced daily. there is plenty to do at the resort plenty of tours to do . The only thing negative is the price of food and drinks
it would be best to get a food and beverage package which are available

Room Tip: pool room is the way to go
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Bula Vinaka Steven,

Thank you for your most kind review following your recent stay with us.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to again welcoming you back on your next visit to Fiji and the beautiful Coral Coast.

Until next time...

Reviewed 12 November 2017

We live part time on a small island in Fiji and the Warwick is our go to when we need a little taste of "western" amenities. We have stayed here twice now, and the most recent stay was due to an awful experience at a nearby resort. The Warwick was able to get us in last minute which salvaged our get away. The restaurants are all amazing, including the buffet. The snorkeling is fantastic,you literally see fish just steps into the water. Rooms are comfortable, updated and tastefully designed. The staff is attentive and friendly and very helpful. Our five year old absolutely loves the kids club, she would rather go there than hang out with mom and dad. They also do the kids club right, correct procedures and security. After a bad experience at another kids club my husband and I tagged along in the background with the kids club (staff had no problem with us doing this) and I can say I feel fully confident that my child is safe with them. The gift shops are large and priced affordably. The spa is fantastic and the ladies attending the spa were an absolute joy to talk too, as were the housekeeping and restaurant staff. The grounds and buildings are beautifully maintained and the resort is nicely set out. We did not do the all inclusive, and our meals were very reasonably priced at each of the restaurants. I can honestly say I do not have a single complaint about the Warwick. The management is to be highly commended, this is how a large resort should be run. Thank you Warwick, we will be back soon!

Room Tip: Ocean view with balcony was wonderful
Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephanie M
Nicholas M, Rooms Division Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Bula vinaka Stephanie,

Tropical greetings from Warwick Fiji and the beautiful Coral Coast.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found team to once again make you feel at home.

As always the pleasure is all ours and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Until next time...

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We had booked the naviti but due to renovations we were transferred to the Warwick which we were happy with at the time as we hadn’t been to the Warwick and it is meant to be a 5 star resort. We weren’t very impressed with the quality of resort and service once we arrived. The staff were friendly but it wasn’t personalised like other resorts in fiji.
Our room was very noisey. We could hear conversations very easily from the next room.
The food was a bit pricey and options were not that good. Teppanyaki place was delicious though and very well priced.
We had an overnight flight so was very thankful they got us into our room early.
The pool is quite small and was very crowded most times. Good choice of water activities so we didn’t have to spend much time in the pool.
Kids club is good and great that they offer it from 3 years old.
We went for a day trip to the naviti and were welcomed by all the staff and treated differently to the Warwick.
A resort credit would have been appreciated as we booked the naviti and most things were more expensive at the Warwick.
Will definitely be booking The Naviti over the Warwick next time.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank PeterAndJodie
Nicholas M, Rooms Division Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Bula Vinaka Peter & Jodie,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Warwick Fiji for for your honest feedback.

Our team is in receipt of your review and would like offer you the assurance that your points of concern will be raised with the team.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoy visiting Fiji and we hope that if we again have the opportunity to welcome you back that you may leave us with memories far more befitting of our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Wonderful welcoming, and genuinely caring staff. On holiday with my daughter, and two grandies 13 and 11. No need to leave the resort they were kept so busy, swimming, snorkeling and more. Our rooms were perfect with beautiful pool and sea views. And so well kept by the lovely house staff.
Complimentary breakfast a choice for all. Dinner again, so much choice, and room service options.
The spa massages so relaxing.
Yes, I would be back in a trice, to sit on that beautiful beach.

Stayed: September 2017

Bula Vinaka,

Thank you for your most kind review following your recent stay with us at Warwick Fiji.

It is wonderful to hear that you and your family had such a lovely time and enjoyed all that our brilliant location and activities we have on offer.

We do hope to again welcome you back and until such time we remain, as always at your service.