3,202 results
All reviews wicked walu bula brasserie japanese restaurant sunset bar coral coast suva wing kids club fish private transfer table tennis an ocean view room sea snakes tennis courts family holiday waterfall tour beautiful resort kids activities
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We got married here and it was totally amazing! Everything was wonderful and nothing was too much trouble the staff are so wonderful! Can't wait to go back when we have kids! Thankyou!

Date of stay: September 2011
5  Thank gemtlovestravel
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

A huge bula from the Team at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa!
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments regarding your recent stay at our beautiful resort! Wonderful review and yes we look forward to the day you return to our shores with your children.
Vinaka and regards

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Well, 15/6/2012 and my family and I are home (wife and daughter aged 2) from a trip to Fiji. Whilst in Fiji we wanted to simply relax and needed to find something that had good child facilites so that our little girl wouldnt be entirely bored. I have broken down the review into a couple of small pieces.

Room: Mediocre. With fresh memories of the Westin in my mind, that was 2007, this room was just plan and boring. The bed was horrible, ripped, unconfortable and the bathroom no different to ours at home. Some people might say 'why would you spend time in there anyway' - well, when you get sick off the food there, you stay in your room alot. Lacking tv channels on their tv, movies also, it just wasnt that good. The cot provided was new, but when folded ouy had a huge contraption underneath the matress forcing our daughter to sleep either side of it. Just uncomfortable.

Service: Generaly speaking, smiling faces, lovely people, more than happy to accomodate attitudes rule the Warwick. Staff there will go that extra mile for you to help you out (mostly in their own time - which probably isnt the 'western way). Some times some staff seemed to get a little flustered if there were a few too many people hassling them out.

Kids Activites: By far and simply put - incredible. They have a whole day (every day) planed out for your kids if they are in the 'Kids Club'. Its literally an 8am - 9pm deal giving your kids back at lunch and dinner time. They do all sorts of activities, tennis, basket making, pool races, everything and its incredible. For those aged under 3 (us) a nanny or adult must be present if you want the child in the kids club.

Food: Hmm.... ok... not much nice to say. Utter Rubbish. :-( And lets just clarify here, my wife and I stayed at the Westin on Denerau in 2007 and that by far was worlds above the Warrick. So, the 'Lovo feast' priced at $55 fijian dollars was the worst i have ever experienced. Over priced, over cooked food - AND - incorrectly and UNDER cooked food gave my wife and a lovely case of sickness. The feast had literally quarted chickens (which looked like they had been steamed, they were tough and filthy, plain rices, vegetable curries, reef fish (no good for pregnant women) and pork that had been cooked for about 20 hours. It was just the most obsurb food i had ever seen. There was nothing good about this meal other than the lovely band playing during the meal. Its just overpriced and gross. We hated it and we just didnt eat anything. Salad were extremely simple, lettuce, tomato and cuecumber and even that had slugs in it. Nothing on offer felt safe. Basically, dont do it.

The next was the Tepanyaki Restuarant - Safest thing ever! Beautiful food, cooked infront of you and by very polite and skilled chefs. We loved this food, but still suffereing from sickness, could barely stomach any of it.

The Italian restuarant also got my tick as it was something you felt you would get in Australia. Just lovely and smooth, no suprises and cooked well.

The Wicked Walu - Utterly shamful. My wife and I were killing for a steak so we ordered a Sirloin and got what looked like a dogs chop. Im not kidding, over cooked, not representing the menu item and with a disgusting salty garlic butter - we almost threw up. Im sorry, its just rubbish. The setting on the other hand was incredible. When we were sitting there we kinda thought to ourselves 'this is how an island holiday should feel'.

Breakfast: Very limited fruit, bananas, some pears, papaya, apple.
Generally: bacon was utterly digusting. It was like a cheap imitation of bacon or something. Eggs = Foul. Cereals the safest bet, but with milk that couldnt be trusted and not stored in a fridge. Pancakes were like rubber basically there didnt seem to be anything organic about them. Very dissapointing. And i hate to mention it, i really do, but compared to the Westin, this was nothing.

Facilities: Not too bad, store there to buy certain things. Activities that the whole family could enjoy were a plenty. We loved them all - including all the dancing.

Overall though - We were happy to leave. We were dissapointed over the amount of money we resorted to paying for this experience and if our time was again, we wouldnt go there. Be careful, honestly, do your research, go with something that feels right to you, because we ignored some of these things and didnt end up enjoying it at all.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
10  Thank Wade R
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

A huge "Bula" from the team at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa!
Thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent holiday. We are obviously disappointed that there were aspects of your holiday that did not meet your expectations and for this I sincerely apologise. We have noted your good and bad bits and these issues have been addressed with the various department concerned. Thank you for your positive comments in relation to our staffs and yes we are blessed with the best staff in all of Fiji.. Once again thank you for your comments! Obviously my team are disappointed that we could not provide you with a quality holiday experience. However, should you wish to personally discuss your experience at the Warwick Fiji with me, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Once again, thank you for your comments
Vinaka and kind regards

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Hmmm...its a tricky one. My partner and I booked through expedia, and when we booked it we were told it was all inclusive but on arrival we were told we had meals only coverage which meant that if any meal (excluding the Buffet which didnt have the greatest of quality - especially the desserts) went over $50 fijian dollars each then you had to pay extra. This was not explained to us upon booking so be very careful. With meals only you need to pay for all drinks so if you can purchase water etc in the local town as its a rip off in the Hotel at $8 a bottle.
When we arrived we were greeted by the very friendly staff. However the receptionist had a bad cough (not her fault of course) but she proceeded to cough all over our documentation using the actual vouchers she was supplying us with (for lunch & dinner) as a Shield for her cough. At one stage she actually turned around with the vouchers in hand and had a coughing fit into the very same vouchers so much so that when we were handed them a moment later we were practically expecting them to be moist. I wish I was exaggerating but I have honestly never seen anything so unhygenic from staff at a resort and unfortunately it tainted our first impression considerably!!
There are many issues with the Warwick that were not at the standards that we were expecting. For one thing the pools were not heated which meant any dips were taken with a deep breath and a yelp! We were at the hotel for a week and during that time the hot water in the showers went for a full 24 hours. We were sent a letter under the door to inform us of this and that was it. No alternatives were given or anything.

Now onto the positives....the staff (excluding the receptionist of course) were amazing. They were always on hand to help you and the service was so fast sometimes that they would be taking your plate before you were finished....which actually happened, but anyway! The room servicewas perfect and we left a big tip, our rooms were always done up perfectly and we were never left waiting at all. We were warned that everyone in Fiji runs on fijian time (basically late) but that honestly wasnt our experience. There are three restaurants and the buffet restaurant. The Japanese restaurant was by far the best with the italian restaurant coming in second. Their seafood restaurant on the Island is praised as being the hero of the resort but the food there wasnt amazing and to be honest was very cold.

As I said before, I have mixed feelings about this hotel. Would I return...no. Was it enjoyable, absolutely. But seeing as we were on "Meal Only" vouchers we constantly felt we were being shaken down for extras here and there. A word of warning, I would not put any extras on your room, pay for things upfront. I stood beside a gentleman upon check out who had been charged considerably on his credit card for his extras (percentage charge ontop of the bill). There is an ATM in the hotel so I would recommend paying in cash.

All in all it was a nice experience but not the great one we were expecting.

Room tip: We had a garden facing room and to be honest for the additional cash they charge for pool facing rooms I dont think its worth it.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Ker_schnum
Warwick_Fiji_Resort, Public Relations Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Bula and Sunny greetings from the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent holiday at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa! We are obviously disappointed that there were aspects of your holiday that did not meet your expectations! For this we apologise!
I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed your dining experience at our restaurants!
I have noted your comments in regards to our staff!
Once again we thank you for your comments! My team at the Warwick Fiji are all about ensuring that our guests have a memorable holiday experience – We sincerely apologise that there were some aspects of your holiday that did not meet your expectations!
Please should you need to discuss your trip with me, do not hesitate to email me or contact me.
VInaka and regards

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Ouo family ( 2 Adults, 1 Child ) stayed at the Warwick from the 2/6/2012 to 9/6/2012. Early stages the holiday was going fine, enjoying the pool and the freindly people. By mid holiday the air-con had stopped working and the desk staff said they would be fixed by 3:30 4:00 that afternoon. The air-cons were not fixed by the time we left 3 days later. We also heard from other guests staying there that they were with out hot water for 3 days.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Joanne C

Greetings from the team at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa!
We are disappointed that there were aspects of your holiday that did not meet your expectations and for this we sincerely apologise. Your comments has been taken into consideration and the department concerned is already taking care of this matter. Should you wish to discuss your recent stay with us personally, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Once again thank you.
Vinaka and kind regards

Reviewed 11 June 2012

My husband and I were asked by friends to join them for me to have some rest, and relaxation after a serious operation and treatment. We had an all inclusive package of air fares, accommodation and all meals. I cannot emphasise enough how wonderful it was. The staff could not do enough for us and the activities that were on going day and night as much or as little as you would like was fantastic. The food was excellent. I would have no hesitation to recommend this holiday to anyone, it was definately one to remember JUST MAGIC!!
If you decide to go do what we did take some clothing or towels with you and give to these village people, they are in need of some help. We took them after the severe floods that hit in March/april 2012 and they were so appreciative. They need some help at any time. Really lovely friendly people, they make such a fuss of you. We hope to return again before too long.

Room tip: We had a room overlooking the garden on ground floor. We found it excellent as quite often the staff would pop over and talk to us and tell us what was happening. It was lovely and quiet, and a great outlook to the water.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Joy M

A huge bula from the Team at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa!
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments regarding your recent stay at our beautiful resort! Thank you for your positive comments in relation to the food and staff. Yes, our staffs are a great asset to the company and we thank you for commending on their service.
Once again thank you and we look forward to the day you return to our beautiful shores.
Vinaka and regards