3,108 results
All reviewswicked walubula brasseriejapanese restaurantsunset barsuva wingcoral coastkids clubfishprivate transfertable tennisan ocean view roomsea snakestennis courtsbeautiful resortrelaxing holidaywaterfall tourkids activities
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Hmmm...its a tricky one. My partner and I booked through expedia, and when we booked it we were told it was all inclusive but on arrival we were told we had meals only coverage which meant that if any meal (excluding the Buffet which didnt have the greatest of quality - especially the desserts) went over $50 fijian dollars each then you had to pay extra. This was not explained to us upon booking so be very careful. With meals only you need to pay for all drinks so if you can purchase water etc in the local town as its a rip off in the Hotel at $8 a bottle.
When we arrived we were greeted by the very friendly staff. However the receptionist had a bad cough (not her fault of course) but she proceeded to cough all over our documentation using the actual vouchers she was supplying us with (for lunch & dinner) as a Shield for her cough. At one stage she actually turned around with the vouchers in hand and had a coughing fit into the very same vouchers so much so that when we were handed them a moment later we were practically expecting them to be moist. I wish I was exaggerating but I have honestly never seen anything so unhygenic from staff at a resort and unfortunately it tainted our first impression considerably!!
There are many issues with the Warwick that were not at the standards that we were expecting. For one thing the pools were not heated which meant any dips were taken with a deep breath and a yelp! We were at the hotel for a week and during that time the hot water in the showers went for a full 24 hours. We were sent a letter under the door to inform us of this and that was it. No alternatives were given or anything.

Now onto the positives....the staff (excluding the receptionist of course) were amazing. They were always on hand to help you and the service was so fast sometimes that they would be taking your plate before you were finished....which actually happened, but anyway! The room servicewas perfect and we left a big tip, our rooms were always done up perfectly and we were never left waiting at all. We were warned that everyone in Fiji runs on fijian time (basically late) but that honestly wasnt our experience. There are three restaurants and the buffet restaurant. The Japanese restaurant was by far the best with the italian restaurant coming in second. Their seafood restaurant on the Island is praised as being the hero of the resort but the food there wasnt amazing and to be honest was very cold.

As I said before, I have mixed feelings about this hotel. Would I return...no. Was it enjoyable, absolutely. But seeing as we were on "Meal Only" vouchers we constantly felt we were being shaken down for extras here and there. A word of warning, I would not put any extras on your room, pay for things upfront. I stood beside a gentleman upon check out who had been charged considerably on his credit card for his extras (percentage charge ontop of the bill). There is an ATM in the hotel so I would recommend paying in cash.

All in all it was a nice experience but not the great one we were expecting.

Room Tip: We had a garden facing room and to be honest for the additional cash they charge for pool facing rooms I dont think its worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Ker_schnum
Warwick_Fiji_Resort, Public Relations Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Bula and Sunny greetings from the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent holiday at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa! We are obviously disappointed that there were aspects of your holiday that did not meet your expectations! For this we apologise!
I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed your dining experience at our restaurants!
I have noted your comments in regards to our staff!
Once again we thank you for your comments! My team at the Warwick Fiji are all about ensuring that our guests have a memorable holiday experience – We sincerely apologise that there were some aspects of your holiday that did not meet your expectations!
Please should you need to discuss your trip with me, do not hesitate to email me or contact me.
VInaka and regards

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Ouo family ( 2 Adults, 1 Child ) stayed at the Warwick from the 2/6/2012 to 9/6/2012. Early stages the holiday was going fine, enjoying the pool and the freindly people. By mid holiday the air-con had stopped working and the desk staff said they would be fixed by 3:30 4:00 that afternoon. The air-cons were not fixed by the time we left 3 days later. We also heard from other guests staying there that they were with out hot water for 3 days.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanne C

Greetings from the team at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa!
We are disappointed that there were aspects of your holiday that did not meet your expectations and for this we sincerely apologise. Your comments has been taken into consideration and the department concerned is already taking care of this matter. Should you wish to discuss your recent stay with us personally, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Once again thank you.
Vinaka and kind regards

Reviewed 11 June 2012

My husband and I were asked by friends to join them for me to have some rest, and relaxation after a serious operation and treatment. We had an all inclusive package of air fares, accommodation and all meals. I cannot emphasise enough how wonderful it was. The staff could not do enough for us and the activities that were on going day and night as much or as little as you would like was fantastic. The food was excellent. I would have no hesitation to recommend this holiday to anyone, it was definately one to remember JUST MAGIC!!
If you decide to go do what we did take some clothing or towels with you and give to these village people, they are in need of some help. We took them after the severe floods that hit in March/april 2012 and they were so appreciative. They need some help at any time. Really lovely friendly people, they make such a fuss of you. We hope to return again before too long.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the garden on ground floor. We found it excellent as quite often the staff would pop over and talk to us and tell us what was happening. It was lovely and quiet, and a great outlook to the water.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joy M

A huge bula from the Team at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa!
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments regarding your recent stay at our beautiful resort! Thank you for your positive comments in relation to the food and staff. Yes, our staffs are a great asset to the company and we thank you for commending on their service.
Once again thank you and we look forward to the day you return to our beautiful shores.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

My husband and I eloped at the Warwick on Sunday 13th May. Una the wedding coordinator was wonderful. From the moment we got there everyone was very so welcoming. All inclusive package is the only way to go. I could carry on how perfect everything was but I won't. All I can say If you want a no fuss wedding or just a getaway you must come to the Warwick!!! Will be back next year

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank katbella
Warwick_Fiji_Resort, Public Relations Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Greetings and a very big Bula from the team at the Warwick Fiji!
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your time at our beautiful resort and had such a memorable wedding experience! We also thank you for your wonderful comments, regarding Una. She seriously love engaging with our guests to ensure that they have a memorable holiday and in your case, a perfect wedding!
Once again we thank you for your wonderful comments! We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful resort at some time in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 8 June 2012

The Warwick is a great hotel offering everything a family needs. The food was average and a bit expensive but the kids loved the kids club. The guys who ran the activities were great with the kids and there was such a great range of activities to do each day with a different activities every hour from 9-12 then 1-5, in the evening the entertainment coninued for the kids followed by great indigenous shows and other entertainment for the adults. We never left the resort in 7 days and didn't get bored. For the 3-6 year old they have a great kids club more like day care centre where the kids can play in the ball Pitt, do colouring and go out with th careers to the gardens and beach. Our little girl loved it but went for 1-2 hours a a time 3-4 times during our stay. Would recommend it but it is a 2 hr drive from nadi airport.

Room Tip: When sharing with 2 kids the rooms are Carnot so recommend ground level sea view rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Michele C

Greetings from the team at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa!
We sincerely thank you for your comments! We are delighted that we could provide you with such a wonderful family holiday!
I believe that our facilities are ideal for family holidays! As you have described, plenty of choices for meals, great nannies and a wonderful Kids Club!
As you have rightly stated, our biggest asset is our warm and friendly staff . Whilst the kids are being professionally cared for by our beautiful nannies, Mums and Dads can have some quality time together and also enjoy their holidays!
Once again we thank you for your comments! We look forward to the day when you return to our beautiful resort!