All reviewsbeach housejungle trekoutdoor bathroommeal plancommunal kitchenhorse ridingbed dormshark snorkelingcoral coastsurfing lessonsbreakfast and dinnerrotivillage tripfree kayakstea coffeefiji timemeal package
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

The location is absolutely stunning with hammocks to chill in as well as loads of activities being offered. Buying a meal package is also great and extremely social ($39 a day). I met so many great people. The staff are all extremely nice and friendly. The rooms are spacious with lockers to put your valuables in. I wish I'd stayed here longer.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights in private room (Frangipani) with an ensuite. Room was really spacious but could have been a bit cleaner (stains on the sheets, etc). Absolutely loved the outdoor bathroom, was definitely the highlight of the room. However, didn't have any hot water in our room on our first day and when we asked the following day at reception they realised they had forgotten to turn it on!

The meal package is mandatory and costs $39FJD a day for breakfast and dinner. We thought this was a bit on the expensive side baring in mind what you got. For breakfast it was pretty much toast and weetabix and every morning the bowls and plates always seemed to be dirty. Dinner was better than the breakfast, however it was annoying that sometimes the starters were fish or meat (I'm vegan), meaning I would miss out and could only have the main. Also, desert isn't included, some nights they would offer a chocolate brownie and ice cream for an extra $10 and that was it.

However, the staff were really helpful when we had pizza one night. The pizzas had already been cooked and and the staff were handing out slices (each person had 3 slices each but were allowed to come back if they wanted more). When I said that my boyfriend and I couldn't each cheese they made us 2 cheeseless pizzas without hesitation.

Unfortunately when we stayed it rained everyday which was really annoying! However, when the weather cleared up for a couple of hours we went kayaking which was great, especially as you could use them for free! We also went on the Jungle Trek with Juta which I 100% recommend. It only cost $10 and it went on for about 4 hours. Juta was so friendly and he was very knowledgable on the areas history and surroundings. You also get a chance to swim in the waterfalls which was the best part of the trip!!

Couldn't fault the staff, they were all friendly and said hello! It was a shame that there were just some small things which let us down, but I guess it's down to personal preference!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2017

I discovered beachouse 4 years ago while studying at USP. This place is truly paradise. With surfing, snorkeling, fishing, spearfishing, and windsurfing all available right in the backyard, it is a must visit! Sunset happy hour on the deck is a must. Chair in the airs are the most amazing hammocks youll ever sit in. And the staff have become some of my closest friends in life. Truly love this place ! Must visit!

Room Tip: Garden rooms ! beautiful bathrooms
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2017

I went from Suva to the Beach House via public bus express from Suva to Nadi. Make sure to tell the driver in advance that you are going to the Beach House so that he drops you off there. If you miss the spot, you may have to walk for a long time or catch another bus (that happened to me).

LOCATION: It is in the middle of nowhere, but remoteness was great. There is a beach in front and during high tide, you can surf, kayak, paddle board, etc. The place is nicely set up and there is a swimming pool, bar, pool table, dining area, lots of hammocks, volleyball net and mini soccer.

I stayed in the dorms and they were comfortable. There were bunk beds in each room and they were spacious. Very nice stay. There was a ceiling fan, but that was sufficient.

The bathrooms are outside and the water pressure was great and there was hot water. It's better to take a cold one since it can get hot.

STAFF:
Super friendly people there. Everyone is always smiling and saying Bula. The numerous dudes there play pool with you and always welcomes you. It's a family atmosphere. The ladies at breakfast and checkin are also super friendly. A smile goes a long way.

Food:
You have to be on the mandatory meal plan for 39F but that was really great and well spent. The dinner had an appetizer and main course and it was delicious. I had the tuna steak and it was lovely.

Breakfast portions are great too. They have eggs, beans, sausages, bread, fruits, tea and all the different kinds of spreads.

Bar:
They have happy hour from 5-7pm, which is great. The drinks maybe a bit on the expensive side around 15 to 18, but hey, the place needs to make some money. The beers are reasonable at 5.5 to 6.

I definitely recommend visiting this place. Don't waste your time in Nadi or Suva, since there is nothing to offer.

Room Tip: dorms were all great
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank pinchetravels
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Brilliant stay in the beachouse. Great facilities and even better staff. We stayed here a few nights and did not want to leave. Breakfast was tasty and made fresh every morning. Sunset cruise was soo much fun and overall it had a lovely atmosphere. It really did feel like total paradise.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple