“Great pizza with an even better view”

Alchemy Woodfired Pizza & Cafe
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Alchemy Woodfired Pizza. True to the craft, our pizzas are cooked in a wood fired oven, directly on the stone floor. We make our authentic thin crust pizzas from organic wholewheat flour, giving them that wholesome yet light and crispy base. With a conscientious approach to business, we use local and organic produce and suppliers. Our coffee is roasted locally in The Blue Mountains, our free range meat is 100% locally grown and free from hormone and antibiotic treatment, and our wine is regionally sourced.
Reviewed 4 March 2018

We love coming here with a mob of guests or family. The pizzas are always amazing, varied and good value, but the best part is sitting out the back looking at the incredible view. One thing or improvement I would say is to gee up the artwork/gallery, invite local artists to hang their work like the Wattle cafe in Blackheath does. Some of the existing stuff gives kids and delicate souls like myself nightmares!
Apart from that, Alchemy is well named and well loved.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

I have never seen such slow service in my life! Pizza was good but not worth the surly attitude and poor service. This is not the way it used to be at Alchemy. Furthermore it is dirty. Needs to close for a week and do a scrub down. I wont be back.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch here with our dogs. Great veggie wood fired pizzas and garlic bread. Good coffee and chai too.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

I am as sorry I have to do this. I have been a regular since 2011 and always found both quality and service excellent. I visited last night and was horrified to find service non existent. The waitress offered a child seat on arrival and was never seen again. Eventually I queued at the counter and placed our order. We then waited 1hr 45 mins with no interaction and when pizzas arrived no apology or personality whatsoever. Same as when I paid. I had to queue for table water and another customer went and opened the windows as it was so hot and stuffy. Sadly they are ruining what was a terrific little cafe. I did find the pizza quality was still good, though not quite what it used to be.

2  Thank Shane H
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I dropped in on Thursday night en route from Canberra. Before I ordered I ask what the wait was for a pizza ... 10min? I had the chorizo pizza small with ginger beer on the side. The iPad thingi wasn't working so I could pay after I had eaten. Sat outside to admire the view. Loved my pizza, loved this spot.