All reviews swimming pool european style flat screen tv chiang mai surrounded by nature small gym elephant farm karma unit baht resort thailand mountains spa chimney biddy taxi
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

I came here with my daughter her husband and my 17 year old son.
My daughter and her husband have stayed here three times before.
We knew before we booked that this hotel is somewhat remote and a car is a must so you can get out and about.
The area is beautiful and so quiet, so if your looking for nightlife this place is not for you.
The hotel grounds are spectacular and very well kept, they are also hilly so if you have a problem walking this could be an issue if you want to explore the grounds.
We had a ground floor room in the hotel overlooking the swimming pool. The room was dated but clean and the beds were so comfy. The Wi-fi worked quite well ( better than the shower)! There is not a lot of drawer space to put your clothes and as usual I had over packed!! The room fridge was really good, I’ve found some hotel ones are useless this one was really cold and was silent running.
The room was cleaned everyday and towels were always changed ( leave on floor for this to be done)
When we arrived we realised immediately that there was an ant issue, ( worth remembering you are in the jungle) the doors onto the patio did not close without leaving a gap so space for ants and mozzies to enter. We had mozzie ‘plug in’ which we brought from previous visits and the tablets can be replenished at Tesco Lotus or 7/11 stores. We went out and got ant traps and ant chalk and the ant issue was solved. Also the mozzies with the ‘plug in’ were nowhere to be seen in the room. The whole holiday I got only one bite and this was from a red ant when out and about I did not use Deet I used Avon Soft Skin dry oil spray.
The plumbing was an issue the shower either was cold, hot or dry.
The toilet worked but remember that there is no paper flushing and there is a bucket with a lid which is emptied daily.
Breakfast was an experience it was not a buffet as it was low season and the hotel was very quiet, we were given breakfast vouchers for our whole stay when we arrived. There are loads of staff milling about and you would have expected the service to be quick, it’s not, it’s very slow and the breakfasts come out in bits and pieces and never the same amount from one plate to the next eg one plate would have 4 sausages (more a Frankfurter really) one bit of bacon and one egg and another identical order would come with one sausage and three bacons. The fried eggs are always ‘snotty’ and the the food is never really hot. There is plenty of toast and lovely jams. Make sure you have a good hour and fifteen minutes spare for breakfast!!
We did eat here several times both at lunch time and evening and the food was fine, I even had my birthday meal here and my family had been shopping and got me an Ice Cream cake which the hotel kept in their freezer until needed, it was huge so we shared it with the staff.
The swimming pool was fine we had it to ourselves most times, pool towels are free and you can change them as often as you like. There are sun beds but only had sun umbrellas twice a big Thank you to Mr Wee for pointing out the lack of them, unfortunately when you left so did the umbrellas!
The staff are very kind and helpful and are happy to do everything they can to help you.
Would I come here again and that’s a big Yes
The Hotel with a bit of clear management and a little bit of work sorting the issues could be 5* at present it is probably a 3* but in saying that I had a 5* holiday
A Big Thank You to all at Belle Villa

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 590janetw
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

.... and that’s many many in S E Asia
Booked to stay 7 nights ........
Location- 45 mins drive from Chiang Mai. Completely isolated. No where to go - felt like we were trapped up a mountain in an awful place
Room - dirty unkempt. Dangerous- exposed wires in bathroom. No phone- apparently we should have been given a cell phone at check in but we weren’t.
Breakfast in restaurant- awful. Cold congealed eggs, fruit plus ants ( no cover)
Expected to use room towels for pool side. That is unacceptable
Arranged to see manager - Birdy - who arrived an hour late
She offered another room - all self catering facilities! - great but nowhere to buy provisions
............checked out after one night
Shocking place
Not a good photo but read their pledge ! Laughable

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Judivipers
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Quiet. Very clean &spacious rooms. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Good breakfast and was made when you show up. Far from the city and it was very expensive and difficult to arrange transportation to do many activities in the city's
Would recommend for couples and if you are going to the elephant sanctuary otherwise it's not really worth it- but it was a beautiful hotel resort.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank DM1169
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

First time ever in Chiang Mai, wanted to see a bit of North Thailand, so booked 7 nights at this villa. Arrived Dec 30 2017, rented the car from the airport, took about one hour drive to get to hotel. Property is bit outdated, but since we were driving each day somewhere it was ok to return for a sleep. Not many people stay at the hotel, mostly local thai. Nice small pool, no one ever there too. Many nice local thai restaurants near by, very tasty food, elephant farm is literally 100 meters from the hotel's entrance to the right. One hour drive to baan thog luan village (birma's long neck women) - must see! Staff is ready to help at any moment :) so... Bottom line - will come back.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FedyaInMoscow
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

We are presently staying at Karma Royal Bella Vista, members. We have reciprocal access to Bella Villa amenities. The Terrace is the Bella Villa restaurant. We went there for breakfast Monday morning only to find out that Ty he buffet was not kept warm/hot and remained open, allowing flies and insects access. Cold fried eggs, rice, vegetables, etc.. you name it. Only Necafe machine coffee was any good. Service was slow by non English speaking staff. Also went there last night for dinner hoping it would be better A La Carter. No such luck. Although the food tasted reasonable, service was no better. We had some spring rolls to start. Then before we had finished they brought my wife's fried rice plate, and about 5 minutes later my Fried Rice finally arrived. NOT RECOMMENDED. Better off eating elsewhere.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple