See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Me and my wife and our friends happened upon this restaurant after a visit to Oxford shopping. We stopped in for an early supper before the long journey home and all I can say is wow! Food was well beyond what is standard pub fare, was all made to order of fresh ingredients and the quality was very good,the trio of sausages and fish and chips were particularly nice. Very reasonable prices and a warm and welcoming traditional pub atmosphere! Will definitely be putting the George and Dragon forward as a suggested venue for our next bite to eat when in the area!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Now, me and my Girlfriend have kind of made it a thing where on Sundays when we either can't be bothered to cook or i've had a gig out somewhere the night before, we go for a Sunday roast somewhere. This particular time, after i had played in Oxford we found ourselves in 'The George & Dragon' On first impressions the place was a lot cleaner than the pub we went last weekend. There was a real sense that the locals were out in force as it seemed everyone knew each other (either that or everyone was extremely friendly) We never felt out of place though, the locals were almost as welcoming as the staff. As we got our drinks we got chatting to the young barman about music etc, a conversation that could have gone on for hours but alas he very politely apologised for having to cut it short as he had to serve other customers. I ordered the pork roast and my girlfriend order the chicken. The meat in both roasts was absolutely incredible, they were both succulent, moist and perfectly cooked, as were the veg and potatoes! But for both myself and my girlfriend the stand out part was the gravy, this is what separated it from all other roasts we've had so far on our adventure. I 100% recommend this place from the hard working friendly staff and lovely locals to the clean environment to the incredible food. I will stay hoping i get booked in Oxford again simply so i can visit again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

What a lovely place. Staff are friendly and helpful. Food is delicious And reasonably priced. £6.50 for halloumi sandwich and £7 for chicken and they come with chips! Will definitely be coming back and recommend to all I meet.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner. We were warmly greeted, shown up to a beautiful double room. It had everything we needed. We are in the restaurant. Food was of a high quality and fairly priced. The atmosphere and friendliness of the staff will defiantly make us return. A lovely B and B. Please try it

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2018

Clean, comfortable, convenient: the perfect place to stay in this part of the country. All the staff are welcoming and friendly, car park right outside. The restaurant is great and there's others in the village if you fancy going out. Try it.

Stayed: May 2018