eDreams
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2016

It had been years since I visited Santa Rosa and spent a night there. I stayed at the Hotel San Jorge, and found it to be way over my expectations. Spacious rooms, impeccably clean facilities, great beds and super friendly staff. The location is great, as it is in the downtown area, a short walk to Central Park, as well as to the best restaurants and coffee shops in Santa Rosa de Copan. Jorge, the owner and manager was extremely helpful. The staff at the front desk was always offering great tips about where to go and what to do in town. I fully recommend the Hotel San Jorge!

Room tip: Ask for the rooms in the back of the building. They are quieter as they are away from the street.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank John James D
Reviewed 27 March 2016

This hotel is great! The rooms are clean, the beds are SO comfortable, the staff is very friendly. The manager is wonderful and very helpful. He really knows how to take care of his customers. The hotel itself is in walking distance to so many things! It's got a lot of bars for night life, Central park is really close, the bank is close, various restaurants, and so many souvenir shops! My friends and I always enjoy our stay at this hotel!

Date of stay: March 2016
1  Thank Elicar41
Reviewed 3 November 2015 via mobile

An extremely helpful and friendly staff, comfortable rooms, a hot shower for the first time in a long while, the location is central and convenient, and a good is included breakfast at a fair price. What more could you ask for in a place to stay?

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex C
Reviewed 12 October 2015

I stayed at this hotel in the first week of October. The owner speaks English well and all staff are very nice. The hotel and rooms are clean. The only issue I had was that the way the hotel is constructed all sound anywhere in the hotel is carried a good distance.

Date of stay: October 2015
1  Thank ALtraveler64
Reviewed 7 July 2015

Hotel San Jorge, Santa Rosa de Copán, Honduras

While visiting Honduras in July, 2015, I made it my mission to visit Santa Rosa de Copán, in part for its reputation as a laid-back colonial city and, of course, for a chance to visit the famous Flor de Copan cigar factory. I lucked into a night’s stay at the Hotel San Jorge, just five minutes from the Parque Central. On arrival at 10 a.m., my room was ready and I could drop my backpack to begin touring the city. The hotel was spotless, my room spacious and nicely appointed, the bathroom clean and that water hot.

More importantly, I found the staff were quite enthusiastic in helping me get information about banks, taxis, etc. They even called to arrange my tour of Flor de Copan. Breakfast, included in the price, was a little scant but the baleadas were tasty and the coffee good and strong (What else would you expect here?). My room was blissfully quiet and the beds (after almost a month of camping) were so comfortable that I thought about sleeping in.

So, go to Santa Rosa and if you do, stay at the San Jorge.

Chip Scialfa