See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Very nice hotel FOR the price.

All-inclusive food not bad (not special).

We stayed in a Villa which was very good. The animation team were lovely and the shows pretty good..

Location is fantastic.

Clientèle very multi-national for a small island: Spanish (plenty), Germans, Polish, Dutch, French, Irish, Russians and a few English.
Staff are very helpful, setting perfect.

Right beside an amazing beach. The beach is partly nude and otherwise topless and thongs and speedos, hotel is the same without the nudity, so if this bothers you, go to Caleta de Fuste, as it is English. The animation team said part of the appeal of southern Fuerteventura is that it is relaxed but anything goes - in a nice way.

Nice large pool by the Hotel Paradise, quieter pool by the Villas.
Kids pool with full animation team behind the sports fields and the easiest going swimming pool was the one nearest the beach,the African tropical pool, which has a tunnel under the road to the beach.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan-ErasmusBrighton
Reviewed 11 August 2011

we have been there in june 2010 and we have stayed in a villa with excelent conditions , clean villa , quite resort , lovely walk time to the beach through the palm tree allee which was relaxing and a good sport exercise.The food was great , big restaurant with excellent service , staff lovely and helpful, resort was beautiful and big and well kept gardens. We had acces to all swimming pools in the complex which was great , not crowded at all , very relaxed athmosphere and quiet and lovely complex. Nice bars and restaurants outside the complex, good shops.The beach was great , the sea fantastic and overall good cleanliness and great holiday, no faults at all. WORTH OF MONEY AND GREAT SERVICESERVICE AND ACCOMODATION ETC.The only downside it was windy which is annoying if on the beach.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vacanta39
Reviewed 4 August 2011

It's taken a while to write this review as to be honest it's a holiday I would like to forget! The villa itself was lovely and clean, but NO AIR CON, which i thought I had paid extra to get. You couldn't leave windows or doors open as the mosquitos were very hungry for blood and i'm suprised I didnt need a blood transfusion by the end as I was bitten so many times as were my family. Also cockroaches were everywhere and would fly into rooms if doors left open.It was like a living hell for me, but thats me personally I am very afraid of cockroaches, the odd one or two i can cope with, but they were everywhere on the paths coming up the drains on the paths. The food was not great bland and often cold. We ate out 3 nights, would definantley recommend the chinese about a 10 min walk up the strip, we went twice as it was so good. The beach was beautiful and had some lovely days down there. It is also full of Germans, think we only heard one other english family the whole week. Dont bother getting a tv remote as all channels are german and spanish, only CNN for us brits! and the tv works with out remote anyway!!! The villas were cleaned most days and very clean. lots of walking involved to get to various bars and resturants, the mini train a godsend at times. So summing it up there are good and and bad things about this holiday, all I know I will not return!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank racheljane84
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We stayed for 14 nights over Christmas and had a wonderful time.

The journey from the airport takes over an hour so it's not suitable for everyone.
Jandia is very hilly so anyone with walking difficulties should be aware.

The hotel offers good value for money and the setting for the "Oasis Apartments" is beautiful. the apartments are a little dated but clean and spacious. Some other apartments do not have a very apealing setting.
The food is a little repetative but there is a reasonable choice, although no where near as good as at the "Barcelo"
My only complaint is that our apartment had the hardest lumpiest bed I have ever slept on.
The Peacocks do visit your apartment but are quite friendly and they eat cockroaches, unfortunately the do leave droppings so watch your step at night, the maids tirelessly clean the paths every morning and are always very chearful.

The location is very good with the beach and plenty of shops and bars (But only one English bar that we saw "Thankfully") within easy walking distance.

I wasn't too keen on the entertainment but you cant please everyone,
one night was a Michael Jackson tribute act who seemed to please most people, but I was never that keen on the real one.

After reading some of the other reviews it is very important to bear in mind the following.

1. It is a hot country you are visiting, Cockroaches and Mosquitos live there.
2. This is pretty much a budget Hotel.
3. It is not England so there will be "Foriegners" ie; Germans, Spanish etc.
4. Germans can be friendly people if you take the time to acknowledge them and be pleasent, their English is usually far better than our German.
5. If you want McDonalds, KFC etc Do not go to Jandia.
6. If you want English bars go to the north of the Island, there is one near the hotel but let's try and keep it like that, The English bars have already spoilt the north.
7. Beware that "Nudists" "Naturists" use the beach, they are not trying to offend anyone, they are being as natural as they day "we" were born Just because you are to afraid or ashamed to do it does'nt mean it's wrong.
Finally. Lets try and keep this part of the Island as it is, "Spanish", it is already starting to get a few too many hotels built on it and it would be a real shame if it became too commercialised or to English for example like Puerto-Del-Carmen in Lanzarote.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Steve3421
Reviewed 3 May 2011

My wife and two young children 4 and 2, Stayed in the villas from 23rd of April to the 30th of April. On arrival it was raining and very windy and to be honest thought that this was going to be a disastrous Holiday, however how wrong I was. We arrived early Sunday around 1:00am, checked in and were picked up by minibus and taken to our Villa. went to bed and on waking in the morning threw back the curtains to be met with a lovely sunny morning, Palm trees and Peacocks strutting just outside our window. The kids were excited to see such a large bird just outside their room. The Resort is well laid out, just up the hill from our villa was a Children's park, which sat beside a Pool bar a main pool and children's pool, with plenty of sunbeds. Must admit the larger adult pool was a little cool, but once you were in it was fine, the children's pool was warmer. The Pool bar served snack,s Burgers, Hotdogs, ice-cream, beer, tea coffee and other alcoholic beverages and the Girl working at the Bar "Sonia" was really friendly always smiling and didn't have you standing waiting too long on a drink. There is a Children's club just across from the pool area, where all kids over the age of 4 can join in Various activities daily. There are two Restaurants of which my family and I preferred the Top Restaurant, I found the food there to be better quality, may have been the chef, I don't know or because I think that the majority of the food was cooked at the top and transported down to the bottom restaurant, but I could be wrong. The Animacion Team were the best I ever sat eyes on. Professional Dance Team, had a different theme each night, Michael Jackson, Grease, Bollywood, these guys made the hair stand up on your next, absolutely excellent.
There is a small Zoo attached to the park which is free for the residents of the complex, well worth a visit. They have two shows per day, comprising of, some clever little parrots playing basketball, a Beautiful Eagle Owl which flies between the audience, an eagle, or maybe you would like to hold a large Yellow Python? Kids will love it.
If you are feeling a little exhausted walking around the complex, there is a little mini train which travels around the complex every 15 minutes, great way to get from the bottom pool to the top restaurant if you are not feeling too fit. Or if you could always spend 30 minutes in the Gym before breakfast or dinner. Great facilities, including, Gym, Tennis, mini golf, football field, bike rental, 4x4 rental, surfing 10 minute walk to the beach.
In Short, Truly a fantastic place for families, not for young couples or those wishing to drink themselves into oblivion. Nice Mix of Nationalities, French Spanish, German, Danish, Dutch, Polish,.. some English and well we were the only Irish Family there at the time, and loved it. Going back next year.

Room Tip: Best rooms are the two bedroom Villas with aircon.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family