All reviews top notch high coast the hotel offers three course meal beautiful island waterfront ferry niggle hiking
Reviewed 15 August 2018

So it has now become a tradition for my wife and I to stay here for our anniversary each year. So this time round was our third time and nothing much has changed from our previous stays. The staff are still incredibly friendly and helpful, even when everything is going wrong, like the day the whole island had a power cut due to a thunderstorm.

Our three-course meal became a five-course one due to the kitchen adding small dishes to the menu. Really great food and experience. The breakfast is also top notch. If you are vegan, then let them know and they will pull out all the stops.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2018

This is a top notch hotel with high standards, and the cuisine really stands out. Their lunch buffet is just amazing. Try their many variants of pickled herring. My favorite is the Forester's herring (Skogsvoktersild) where local herbs from the nearby woods add extra flavors to the herring. If you are very brave, you could also ask if it is possible to get fermented herring (surströmming in Swedish). It smells like an overripe cheese, but once the odors have vanished, you are in for a treat.

To get there, take the Höga Kusten boats from any of the nearby mainland ports (this is on an island, and Ulvöhamn where the hotel is located, is a fishing hamlet on the UN world hertigage list. The hotel is pricey, but worth it. Indulge yourself :-)

This hotel is located on an island. Ulvöhamn is a great place to go for local trips in the nearby woods. Go to Sörby (2,5 km) by foot around midnight, and you may see moose if you are quite. Finish the evening by climbing the Lotsberget, and just watch the strait and the harbor, the sea, and the sun rising at 2:30 around midsummer.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2017

One does not go to Ulvön in the first place to find a luxury hotel. But that's exactly what one finds. I think it's a bit fascinated that there is such a nice place. Everything is top-notch from the lobby, the rooms to the restaurant. And in that beautiful place, I really do not think it's necessary but obviously one should not complain. It´s already there. Take the opportunity to enjoy. Should I force myself to be a little critical. shrimp buffe should be a bit more extensive.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Spent two fantastic days at this tranquil hotel on this beautiful island. Excellent for hiking and enjoying nature. Scenery is incomparable. Food was as good as or better than what you’d find in New York or Chicago! Staff service and friendliness was so personable. So much though that I had left a personal item in my room. I was originally going to take the ferry back the next day to pick it up. They offered to personally deliver it to my residence over an hour a way. Now that’s service! Highly recommend to anyone looking for a memorable getaway!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2017

This was our second stay at Ulvö Hotel. This time around it was for our tenth wedding anniversary. We are both vegan so had asked if the kitchen could fix a three-course meal for us and something for breakfast. They did. And then some. Our evening meal was superb, and the breakfast was easily the best I've ever had. The kitchen staff went out of their way, even making nut milk for us.
That's not all though, the staff throughout the hotel are extremely polite and helpful. The hotel itself is beautiful and tastefully decorated.
Normally when you check out and travel home you can think of a few tiny niggles about your stay, that's just human nature. But there is nothing like that for me with this hotel. For me and my wife, it was perfection.

Room Tip: Book a room with a sea view. Otherwise there's no point in staying.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple