“Looks nothing from the outside”

Kauri Cottage Cafe & Restaurant
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Glad I went in and even gladder I looked at the menu. Medium prices but beautiful food and not your usual cafe fare, although plenty of yummy cabinet food -cakes and scones looked yummy
I had eggs on haloumi cheese with peas and kale, trying out the vegetarian option before I bring my vegetarian friends here (there was the usual eggs on sour dough option). Plenty of meat options that I will try next time
The service was exceptional with friendly professionalism. Prices fair,the menu interesting and a step up from cafe food without the price increase.
Facilities were also above usual standards with cloth towels in rest rooms.
Kids played happily in safe area outside.
I could go on and on but don’t want this little gem overrun.

2  Thank leslee2012

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Instant impression of this country café on the main highway was of the pleasant ambience and retro decor, and the inobtrusive service and variety of menu added to our satisfying experience. Our table of 6 enjoyed wine with our meal and the chance to 'celebrate' happily without disturbing others. We would all recommend the Kauri Cottage as well worthy of a visit.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

We took some visiting friends for an evening meal , the meal was superb, everything cooked to perfection. Service was first class . We got to talk to the Chef after our meal to convey our appreciation. All in all a lovely meal in nice surroundings with good friends.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Decided to go out for lunch at weekend so decided on Kauri Cottage.Nice relaxing restaurant. Would be lovely in summer to have lunch outside but the day we went was wet .Food was excellent nicely presented . The service was also excellent. Would defiantly go there again and recommend it to family and friends.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has changed hands lots over the years and lost a lot what used to make it such a great and unique place. We went last month for the first time in probably two years and gosh I was like walking back into Kauri Cottage the way it used be 10 years back.

The decor is great, fresh and very spacious. The vibe and music are great and the location is perfect. The food prices were more than fair for the quality and size of your meals. One thing that impressed us was the attention to our children. We love to dine out but our children need to be as welcome as us and I felt they did a great job accommodating everyone and their separate needs.

I won't say I was blown away by the food and flavours but this may have been a bad. The calamari was fabulous and so was the coffee.

1  Thank Lizzieh081