All reviews the hotel manager sea view wet room welcome drink nice gesture harbour front turtle spotting minimal decoration cool vibe an upgrade master suite lovely hotel reception area his team unforgettable stay modern feel beach towels
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ideal position opposite the harbour area. We had a second floor room with a side sea view balcony. The room looked beautiful but had little storage room. There was a long open rail for clothes but no draw space and nowhere to store the suitcases. The safe was on the small side, not really large enough for our valuables.
The bathroom got very wet and slippery when taking a shower and there was nowhere in the shower to place shampoo and soap. The space around the wash basin was insufficient for toiletries.
I was surprised to find candles in the room. I think they were for use on the balcony.
The breakfast was very good with a choice of eating inside or out.
Very clean stylish hotel but not very practical rooms.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here last week and found the staff very accommodating, friendly and helpful. The room were lovely and also one of couples travelling with us received an upgrade. The reception staff even gave us tips writing on a map all the places to visit in Kefalonia and best places to eat.
A great location overlooking the water/lagoon with bobbing yachts.
Would define stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is situated in a very nice part of Argostoli where you have the best of both worlds, the beautiful water filled turtles opposite the hotel and the bustling square/ strip behind you. You close to a Lixouri with being a short ferry ride away. The scenery is stunning the rooms at beautiful and the staff!

The staff were all amazing, nothing was too much for them! Whether it was extra towels to hiring cars or their recommendations on where to go and how to get and the lovely restaurant! They were a huge part of my experience and I would definitely like to come and stay again!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

This is very convenient for an early morning flight out of Kefalonia. Right on the water front. Beautiful design and very friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommend. Great air conditioning as well. We got an upgrade as well.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2018

Kefalonia Grand Hotel: 10th – 13th of September
Myself and my girlfriend have just returned home to London from a fantastic short break in Kefalonia. Admittedly the Greek island was a bit of an unknown to us, so it was important that the accommodation played its part in setting the initial tone. We were not disappointed, and nor will you be…

As soon as we arrived we were greeted by the fantastic ‘Stella’, who helped ensure our break ran without delay, given the short period of time we had to work with. Her level of service was absolutely first class, ensuring our travel to and from the hotel was in place, making suggestions for the best evening activities, as well as accommodating our requests for our return to the hotel in October alongside her fellow colleagues.

Her local knowledge was key in our decision making, allowing for two extremely alcohol intensive evenings at Baroque le bistrot, which is just a stones throw from the hotel, and I mean literally two streets behind it. We were staying in room 2A, which I’d consider to be a middle tier affair, very clean with a personally written welcome note lodged between two glasses. Our balcony looked out over a residential car park, but that was no cause for concern, you shouldn’t be spending any time in your room if you’re in Kefalonia.

The bathrooms were a tad on the small side, but again, not a cause for too much concern. No hotel is perfect, and no perfect review is helpful. With the water from the tap regarded as undrinkable across the island, we were surprised not to find any bottled water in the rooms, something we greatly craved in the evenings after consecutive days in 35-degree heat. It also was not clear whether the air conditioning could be adjusted or not with some evenings delivering a slightly cooler atmosphere.

Right, back to the good stuff! You can ask for beach towels in the morning, as well as private beach bookings, tours and private bike/boat hire. For my girlfriend’s birthday we opted to take the ‘Lady O’, Kefalonia Cruise by Enalios (‘Lady O’ can be found at Argostoli, Limani opposite Compass Cafe). I’ll keep it brief here as I don’t want to detract from how great the Kefalonia Grand experience was, but let’s just say the cruise made our holiday, it’s a little different from the rest (I have left a review on the Lady O TripAdvisor page).

So let me conclude. I would recommend the Kefalonia Grand Hotel to anyone staying in Kefalonia, it’s positioned in one of the best placed to access the whole island without too much time being spent travelling. The staff are incredible and if you are lucky enough to be greeted by Stella, you will receive an exemplary service.

See you in October!

Room Tip: Some rooms have hot tubs seemingly, so I would delve deeper directly with the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple