“Best Greek food of holiday.”

Tzivras Restaurant 1933
Ranked #1 of 105 Restaurants in Argostolion
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Found this place via Trip advisor and went out of out way to find it. Stunning home made food served canteen style. Visited twice throughout holiday for lunch ( closes at 5pm ) had veal with Orzo pasta and the stuffed peppers. Two of my favourite meals of the holiday. Restaurant was full of locals on both visits which is always a good sign. Prices were very good value, given the chance I would of eaten here every day!!! A must visit when in Argostoli.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

i came across this restaurant when reading the Walk & Eat Kefalonia book which made locating it incredibly easy as it is on the road/alley just off the Shell sign near the fisherman's port. It is only opened around midday and not opened in the evening. I tried Kefalonian meat pies (with a hint of nutmeg), green beans, arakas (garden peas), giant beans, pastitio (Baked pasta), Greek salad, and lemon chicken over 4-5 separate meals there. They were all very tasty. Service was very good and after a couple of visits, the waiter remembered me. He would show and introduce each type of food on the display counter when I walked in. They would also provide a takeaway box/carrier bag for when I could not finish everything I have ordered.

The food is reliably tasty. They even ran out of the meat pie during one of my visits. It can get really busy with locals (who usually do takeaways) and tourists.

I find myself gravitating towards the restaurant if I am in Argostoli town at lunch time as I know the quality of food would be excellent. It is a really good restaurant and I cannot wait to return again to try some of their non-summer season food like fakes (lentil soup).

I can highly recommend this - it is probably the best Greek restaurant in Argostoli!

1  Thank internati0nalvisit0r
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

My husband found this traditional little Greek restaurant on Trip Advisor when we were looking for a lunch spot on a day out in Argostoli. It’s not the easiest place to find but once you know it’s down an alley way opposite the Shell garage you’ll spot it quite easily. It’s fantastic. Full of Greeks having their lunch - always a good sign, they do good, hearty Greek dishes, home cooked food and all at very reasonable prices. The food is delicious. We had a fantastic lunch and would return in a heart beat. They close at 5pm though so only good for lunch. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Kat C
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Fabulous traditional restaurant with home made local cuisine, it tasted just like grandma had made it!! The restaurant was mainly full of locals which is always a good sign. We samples a number of dishes and all absolutely delicious, if were staying in Argostoli I would have eaten here every day!!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Very traditional restaurant with proper homemade food.
Pay attention to the opening hours of this lovey restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2018