“Grand Restaurant Argostolion”
Review of Casa Grec

Casa Grec
Ranked #4 of 105 Restaurants in Argostolion
Cuisines: French, Greek, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2018

My Wife and I visited this venue 3 times during our 7 day stay and rated at the top of our all time favourite restaurants. This place is a must visit when being in Argostoli
The American Lady who owns this restaurant and husband who is the Chef are so dedicated to their approximately 20 year old venture are unbelievable , The food is fantastic served by the keenest of waiters.

Date of visit: May 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,066)

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Words can’t begin to describe how amazing the food and service is at this wonderful restaurant. Vicky is a wonderful person and always treats everyone like family from the moment they walk through the door. The servers are amazing, always smiling and very attentive. I don’t know how he does it, but kosta does magic with his food. Until next year, lots of love from “Vancouver”

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 24 October 2018

We always make a booking at Casa Grec when we are in Kefalonia (and depending how long we are there for, we try and squeeze in two!). This is my absolute favourite place; the staff are lovely, the setting is gorgeous (so peaceful) and the food is absolutely spot on and delicious.

To be honest there are no words to describe this place (but at least I've tried!).

Our latest visit saw 3 / 4 of us have the same thing: pork shank. WOW WOW WOW. Huge, delicious and fell off the bone. I didn't want to finish my food! The remaining person had prawn provencal which was also delicious.

We managed to squeeze in a dessert (shared with my other half) and washed down with a few beers.

Honestly, go and try this place, it's fantastic. We ate like kings and was so surprised at how reasonable the bill was.

You must book!!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 20 October 2018

This little hidden gem of a restaurant, right off the main square in Argostoli, and run by a lovely Greek-Canadian family, is well worth a visit for "fine dining" while staying in Kefalonia. The atmosphere is sophisticated, the service impeccable and unobtrusive, and the wait staff are informative and knowledgeable. The food itself is a cut or level above typical Greek taverna fare, still Mediterranean and Ionian Island, but prepared and presented in more of a classic Italian or French fine dining manner. The wine list features both local island and mainland Greek wines at fare prices. I look forward to returning here on future trips to the island.

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank Oenophile10
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

We have been coming to Casa Grec since my son and daughter were babies, they are both teenagers now, this restaurant will always have happy memories for us. Vicky and her team are always so welcoming, the food is consistently amazing, (plates wiped clean every time!)
Thanks Casa Grec for the memories, exceptional food and wine! Xx