“A hidden gem”
Review of Farah's Tandoori

Farah's Tandoori
Ranked #12 of 82 Restaurants in Carcavelos
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Like other reviewers, we only came cross this place by looking on TripAdvisor... and how pleased we were to have discovered it! Fantastic food and good sized options (not too big and overwhelming like some places). The spicing in my veg curry was superb - really zingy and fresh, and the peshwari naan (something I don't usually like) was super tasty and not to sweet. The waiter took a little time to warm up to a chat, but when he did, was interesting and lovely, and had been very good with our 8-year old son from the moment he stepped inside the place. Our son loved the grassy play area in front of the restaurant and enjoyed a game of football with some other kids while we enjoyed dessert and a drink on the outside terrace. Definitely worth the short walk from Carcavelos beach.

1  Thank Aileen K
There are newer reviews for Farah's Tandoori

Reviewed 20 July 2017

This little gem is located in a residential area close to Cascais and only accessible by car. However, it is worth the trip. The menu is extensive with several specials for lunch. The samosas were full and not oily. The shrimps with coconut milk were savory and not spicy. All the other dishes displayed the spice spectrum of the individual regions, i.e chicken tandoori, mutton vandaloo, beef biryani. Desserts were good.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

The dall was wonderful and the naan as well. The rice was great. Try it if you are in the Carcavelos area.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

So much to say about Farah's Tandoori, after more than a year of nearly weekly visits to get our fix for Indian! We normally come for lunch and enjoy a full repast, from pappadams to desserts. Sometimes we have the garlic na'an, sometimes veggie samosas to start, then into a long list of favorites from which to choose. The vegetarian selections, from eggplant to lentil koftas to saag paneer, are all excellent, as are favorites such as butter chicken and kormas. The owner is sometimes behind the stove and will cook up a special dish if you ask. And save room for dessert, as these are house-made, and Rosie's tiramisu is simply my favorite of any I've tried. She is a custard genius! The prices reflect great value, and the setting is friendly and warm. There's outside seating too, on the praça. A lovely place!

1  Thank JaninedeBric
Reviewed 15 March 2017

I was never really a fan of Indian cuisine BUT Farah's Tandoori made me re-think. The nan was absolutely delicious, freshly baked, not too sweet - heaven! My husband and I had different dishes as well as Masalla tea (my first as well) and salted lassi - another thing I am now fan of. Service was very friendly and the price very reasonable. I'll be back and can highly recommend it. Thank you for a fantastic meal!

1  Thank Melanie G