All reviews murphy bed mini golf heated pool unit bldg ocean beach balcony accommodations
Reviewed 25 July 2018

Keep in mind that many of the units in this building are privately owned so your experience could be completely different from mine. With that being stated, please allow the following.
Despite what pictures claim to show, most of the public areas are closed, and the ones that are opened are in desperate need of help. For example, the work out room has a few machines that actually work, the room floods anytime it rains, the hotel tries to put towels against the door but that does nothing.
The laundromat had two out of 8 dryers that worked.
For many of the 10 days, we spent there the pool was green and was actually closed for part of the time. The side door handle into the lobby had been kicked in at some point, the lobby itself is dirty dark and uninviting. Garbage sat outside the garbage bin for 4 days smelling up the parking lot. Some of the characters that hung around were only waiting for their next fix.
Upon entering our "Delightful" room, it reminded me of a room at a no-tell motel where one would rent by the hour. The view was great, but the decor was old shabby and disgusting. The television was not the 40" advertised, and in order to turn it on we had to unplug it each time run through the set-up before we were able to watch anything.
The a/c unit could not keep up and the bed was sitting right next to it so each time it turned on during the night I get a blast of air over me, not conducive to a good nights sleep. Overall I would not spend the money to stay at this place again.
In my opinion, there are two types of accommodations in Daytona Shores high end and then what we winded up with.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Left a bag of souvenirs worth over $100. Every time we call they take us on a roller coaster ride saying they haven’t cleaned the room we were in four days ago, yet there had already been a guest stay the night. So they admitted they don’t clean the room between guests. Also admitted they STOLE my items. I will never stay here ever again, nor will my family. It’s pretty bad that the housekeeper isn’t good enough to take a bag to the front desk. The lady at the front desk was too “busy” to go look. Well screw you too. I wouldn’t stay here if they paid me.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Pirates C, Front Office Manager at Pirates Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for providing feedback from your most recent visit at Pirates Cove. We are very sorry to hear your stay was less than satisfactory. Guest comfort and safety is our top priority. There are a few misunderstandings I would like to clear up with you so we can move forward with a better relationship. Before you checked in we called you and let you know we upgraded all three of your rooms from efficiencies to 2 bedroom suites, free of charge. You checked in later on and mentioned your son forgot his bag of shoes somewhere in the lobby (or else where) and I searched around the office to see if anyone turned in shoes. I also checked around the property hoping to locate these shoes as you said they were expensive. I can assure you no one is out to steal from you. As for cleaning procedure for the rooms, I'm not sure where the misunderstanding arose that we don't clean in between guests but that is absolutely false. After you checked out we stripped the room of all linens and our main housekeeper cleaned your room for the next guest. No one found a bag of souvenirs, we searched thoroughly. No employee here would risk their job over souvenirs nor do souvenirs serve them any purpose. I am sorry you misplaced your items throughout your stay and I hope to resolve any issues to the best of my abilities. Good luck in your future endeavors!

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Got a cod fillet wrap (tomatoes basil wrap) and it was excellent. The fish fillet was a big meaty piece, cooked perfectly. Had caesar style salad inside with fresh parmesan cheese. Served with house chips which were also very good. I would go back for this again next time I am in the area. My only complaint is price of a virgin strawberry daiquiri for my son....$8.00!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We had a clean room with a great view. Quiet, relaxing and comfortable. Highly recommend this place for your accommodations.
The staff were friendly and accommodating. Listening to the ocean was the perfect way to fall asleep each night

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed in #609. The ocean and beach views were spectacular. If you are into the beach this is it. The room looked new. It had a great new, full, kitchen and 2 queen sized new comfortable beds. It had a nice balcony with chairs. It was absent an easy chair which I missed. A few restaurants, mini golf and a 7-eleven within walking distances. Crabby Joes is on the pier out over the ocean. That was cool.

Date of stay: February 2018