“Excellent food, okay service”
Review of SUCCOTASH

SUCCOTASH
Reserve with OpenTable
SUCCOTASH is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Description: Inspired Southern Cuisine by Culinary Director Edward Lee
Description: Inspired Southern Cuisine by Culinary Director Edward Lee
Reviewed 28 December 2017

This is the second time we've dined at this restaurant. The food is truly delicious. Fried oysters were definitely the highlight of the meal, as were the cocktails. The service was a little bit rough (forgotten requests, forgotten drinks), but the food was excellent.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

We stopped by for an evening dinner and was served by a knowledgeable waiter that suggested the waffle and chicken. The drink was a Ms Peaches and it was everything. The waffles were better than the chicken but overall It was a good meal. If you’re not sure what to order. Let the waiter know what you like and let them guide you. I’ve been twice and both times their suggestions were on point!

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Dishes are southern style but not overly heavy or prepared with too much frying. Deviled eggs are great, and the egg Benedict with potato salad very nice. Try the draft rye beer locally brewed: outstanding!

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Big and bold decor- high ceilings and high style. Bit cold though. Food was good but didn't quite get it done for us. We went for an anniversary Brunch. Had a reservation, plenty of tables, still a small wait for the table. Waiter, while friendly from the beginning (maybe overly) not very professional nor attentive. We had a few drinks- Old Fashioned Breakfast was definitely a winner. Good beer selection. Major coffee issues really put a damper on everything for me...I'll elaborate. We ordered the "Taste of the South." Our first taste came- good, thought warmish not hot sticky buns. Portion also a bit small but figured maybe it was just because it was the first course- not really the case. No coffee, an explanation that a server had just gotten the last of it and they were brewing more was a bit disappointing (Brunch, sticky buns= coffee doesn't it) Shortly after finishing sticky bun a 1/2 cup was delivered, grounds and all- clearly not the new pot but bottom of the last pot. Really enjoyed the fried green tomato- fried green tomatoes (2 slices anyway) would have been much better. Around this time the waiter without a word took the coffee cup.. Would have been fine if another one appeared to replace it. At some point it was explained that the same thing happened and they were making another pot. ??! Average chicken and waffles. The collards, kimchi and ham a step above. We also enjoyed the green tea beignets and the cup of coffee that arrived in time. At some point prior to our coming our daughter called to tell them it was our anniversary- I believe primarily to arrange for them to get the bill. She was led to believe there might be a glass or champagne/something special. Though nothing really was expected on my end nor my wife's she was a bit disappointed. Overall theme for the Brunch. While sort of fullish, for the money we should have been stuffed. Food seemed to have potential, saw a lot of things I'd be interested in trying but have doubts I'll be giving it another shot.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I dined here with my niece on a Saturday afternoon around 4pm before the dinner time rush.
My niece ordered a Sprite to drink & our waitress brought out a lemonade. I ordered a glass of wine & the glass was filthy, you could see lipstick on the rim from the previous person, water spots & other “dirt” that should have been cleaned prior to being served. I had to get the attention of the hostess to assist as our waitress could not be located. The hostess jumped right on it even commenting about the filth on my wineglass.
My niece ordered the chicken & waffles, I ordered the ribs & we shared the Mac n cheese. The chicken was over fried, almost burnt. The waffle was great & she said she’d eat more waffles. The ribs were fall off the bone. The Mac n cheese was lacking in cheese flavor but the crispy topping & bacon made up for the lack of cheese flavor.
Overall this was an average dining experience. The food came out very fast, almost as if it’s on a buffet just waiting to be ordered, not necessarily cooked to order.

1  Thank Crizo1