“Good food "scanty" service ”

Old Hickory Steakhouse Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Hickory Steakhouse Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

The food is excellent. The location is great. Part of the restaurant is looking over the water, and that area is always busy. He restaurant rooms are nice, comfortable, spacious, and can accommodate a lot of people. They do not seem to have the amount of people to serve the needs. Excuses are taken one after the other. At the end the service doesn't not match the food. The experience may frustrating for those that would like timely service. The waiters/resess are very nice, but you have to fish/wait until they give you a very short span of attention. Very nice, but again so spread that is difficult to have TIMELY service. Sad because the food, the favors, the quality of the cooking is "superb"!!. As I said in previous reviews, La Mare in Honolulu has been my favorite restaurant since 1989. The Old Hickory is a steakhouse restaurant but has really surprised me when it comes to the kitchen. It is really one of my favorites for the food. Too bad they spread the personal so thin. It is not fair to the Cheff

There are newer reviews for Old Hickory Steakhouse Restaurant

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

First time dining and customer to arrive. Beautiful place and ambiance . Little disappointed with the temperature of the food. Flat iron steak with bitter green and fried potato was tasteful, but food was not hot at all. Had a meeting to get to so did not want to send back. Joseph was my server and expressed my experience and that was the end of that. Of course, I am am event planner and public relations individual I still left him a 20 % tip.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

The Old Hickory Steakhouse is a great restaurant and you should take advantage of it.

The menu is extensive, the food fantastic and the service is outstanding.

I was there for a large group business dinner. There are several dining rooms. I was in the large room which was shared with several other large groups as well as smaller tables. The room was packed and deafeningly loud. Popularity has its price. I was hoarse from shouting a cross the table to be heard. My ears rang for hours afterwards. Patrons should be aware of the noise factor during peak times and ask to be seated is a reasonably quiet area.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

A group of the "dad's" for our girls AAU team chose to splurge one night during the tourney on a really good steakhouse. We were staying in the Gaylord National Resort in National Harbor and decided to try the Old Hickory Steakhouse, which is located within the complex. This is a pricey place but one of the extra benefits (Aside from great food, wine and service) is that we didn't have to wait to get a table for 7. All the other restaurants in the resort were a 20-30min wait on a Saturday night. The restaurant bar and dining area were very spacious. The place looks out over the large atrium of the resort with side views toward the harbor in the background. Everything is ala carte as you would expect. We all got various types of steak. My Filet Mignon was great and I enjoyed their house steak sauce. The steaks were accompanied by mashed potatoes, asparagus and brussel sprouts with bacon. Almost forget, I started with the wedge salad which was presented a little differently and was awesome. We sampled a number of red wines, which every thoroughly enjoyed. They have an extensive selection of wines. We were all to stuffed to try the dessert this trip. Our waiter was superb. Very helpful, efficient and engaging. Figure on about $90 per person without the wine and about $130 per person with the wine.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Sophisticated dining located on the Lobby Level of Gaylord National Conference Hotel. Expensive, but if your interested in a fine dinning experience well worth it and a memorable time was had for the both of us. The service was very personable. Marc was very entertaining, very knowledgeable about the menu, and made very intelligent recommendations geared to our personable desires. Everyone was attentive. Our waiter was very attentive . I give our experience 5 stars! the menu was diverse enough that our one non beef eater in the group was able to have a selection to pick from. The steaks were done to perfection and even the desserts we got were great.