“Business dinner”

Old Hickory Steakhouse Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Hickory Steakhouse Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

The Old Hickory Steakhouse is a great restaurant and you should take advantage of it.

The menu is extensive, the food fantastic and the service is outstanding.

I was there for a large group business dinner. There are several dining rooms. I was in the large room which was shared with several other large groups as well as smaller tables. The room was packed and deafeningly loud. Popularity has its price. I was hoarse from shouting a cross the table to be heard. My ears rang for hours afterwards. Patrons should be aware of the noise factor during peak times and ask to be seated is a reasonably quiet area.

There are newer reviews for Old Hickory Steakhouse Restaurant

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

A group of the "dad's" for our girls AAU team chose to splurge one night during the tourney on a really good steakhouse. We were staying in the Gaylord National Resort in National Harbor and decided to try the Old Hickory Steakhouse, which is located within the complex. This is a pricey place but one of the extra benefits (Aside from great food, wine and service) is that we didn't have to wait to get a table for 7. All the other restaurants in the resort were a 20-30min wait on a Saturday night. The restaurant bar and dining area were very spacious. The place looks out over the large atrium of the resort with side views toward the harbor in the background. Everything is ala carte as you would expect. We all got various types of steak. My Filet Mignon was great and I enjoyed their house steak sauce. The steaks were accompanied by mashed potatoes, asparagus and brussel sprouts with bacon. Almost forget, I started with the wedge salad which was presented a little differently and was awesome. We sampled a number of red wines, which every thoroughly enjoyed. They have an extensive selection of wines. We were all to stuffed to try the dessert this trip. Our waiter was superb. Very helpful, efficient and engaging. Figure on about $90 per person without the wine and about $130 per person with the wine.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Sophisticated dining located on the Lobby Level of Gaylord National Conference Hotel. Expensive, but if your interested in a fine dinning experience well worth it and a memorable time was had for the both of us. The service was very personable. Marc was very entertaining, very knowledgeable about the menu, and made very intelligent recommendations geared to our personable desires. Everyone was attentive. Our waiter was very attentive . I give our experience 5 stars! the menu was diverse enough that our one non beef eater in the group was able to have a selection to pick from. The steaks were done to perfection and even the desserts we got were great.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I enjoyed cocktails and a steak at the bar. The service was friendly, courteous and prompt. The food is pricey, but I was starving due to lack of decent food options at the Gaylord National Harbor. I would go back to that restaurant.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

The restaurant is YUUUGE! Our reservation was at 8:30pm on a Sunday evening, so understandably the restaurant was only about 20% full. However, we had to wait 15 minutes to be seated, and then literally had to wait an hour and 15 minutes for our entrees to be served. Apparently they have a union issue and are extremely short staffed. But still!! I felt bad for our waiter who was running around like a chicken with his head cut off. This place is not cheap, so I am shocked they don't fix the horrendous service clusterf---k. If based just on service, they'd get 1 star.

Despite the service issues, the food is actually really delicious. The NY strip and the salmon are amazing.

If you have about 3 hours for dinner and are at the Gaylord, I'd recommend. If waiting around in a deserted restaurant for your dinner at 10pm isn't your jam, go elsewhere.