Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$225
Hotels.com
AC HotelsUS$225
Expedia.comUS$225
TravelocityUS$225
PricelineUS$225
All reviews ferris wheel hotel bar walking distance parking garage mini fridge room key king room gaylord lobby walrus waterfront elevator convention drawers properties
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 June 2022 via mobile

Dirt and dust everywhere, dirty mattress. Marriott should be ashamed, their standards have dropped significantly. I’m ashamed by this. I don’t have much to say other than ewww the pictures speak for themselves.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Edwin Peters, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott National Harbor Washington, DC Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2022

Good Day Mjthegreat713,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay. We are truly sorry for your experience and your feedback will be immediately shared with our Housekeeping team and we will work to rectify any and all issues.

Hopefully you will continue to choose Marriott during your travels.

Best,

Ed P.

Reviewed 13 April 2022 via mobile

We stayed here for business. My husband was attending a convention nearby and we booked a 3 night 4 days stay at the Ac Hotel. The hotel
doesn’t really have a big sign outside. The building just looks like any other building with restaurants on the main floor. We were just glad that my husband and I got an Uber driver who is familiar with the area. We entered the glass sliding door with no hotel lobby, but 2 elevators and a flight of stairs. When we took the elevator, the hotel lobby was in fact on the 2nd floor. This hotel is a very good hotel to stay in overall. Our room was on the second floor as well which we didn’t mind because it was so convenient to go to the breakfast area in the morning. We had 2 queen beds and our room looked out into the beautiful quiet street with a park. I thought it would be noisy, but it wasn’t. The hotel is perfectly located amongst shops, restaurants, a candy store and it is just across the harbor where the Ferris Wheel is. The room is pricey though. At $343.28/ night with taxes, I heard it’s the cheapest room they have. The shower is tight. By that I mean, it is narrow. A big tall guy, like my husband won’t have enough elbow room to shower. The shower is just good for 1 person. There is no free breakfast as well. The breakfast is about $13/person. There’s no scrambled eggs or bacon or biscuits and gravy. It’s more on pastries, scrambled eggs shaped like a cupcake, some cheese, prosciutto, boiled eggs, fruits, and cereal. The coffe is not even free. Guests have to pay about $3 for a cup of coffee. When we first checked in, there was 1 complimentary coffee, just one. Housekeeping no longer replenished the coffee in the room and we were their for 4 days. Would I still check in this hotel? If I can find something better with a much better deal, probably not. The beds and our sleep quality is the same as the other good hotels we stayed in. This is why I’m just giving it a 3 star rating.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2022 via mobile

Trendy and chic hotel well-positioned for easy walks anywhere with the National Harbor area. Great views of Old Town, the River and Ferris wheel from my room. $20 overnight parking in independent garage right across the street. I liked the size and layout of the room also.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2022

Have you ever wanted to experience a hostel but still want to pay a hefty price tag? Well, with the AC Hotel at the National Harbor you’re in luck!!

This hotel comes with all the familiar comforts of a century old, worn down European style hostel with the American inflated price tag of luxury that we have come to know and hate. Decorated in tones of dark brown and pea soup green, experience a time warp back to the 1980's as you step inside. Enjoy a tediously small room complete with Costco inspired shared amenities, (none of those pandemic-appropriate single serving shampoo/conditioner/body wash here!) and enough mold/mildew to inspire your own homegrown penicillin recipe. Don’t forget to admire the Jackson Pollock-esque mold sprayed across the shower door, which really shines once a picture is taken, truly an ingenious splattering of modern art!

You’ll need to bring along shower shoes to avoid the thick coated mildew along the green tiled floor, unless you are just itching for some unique Prince Georges County foot fungus.

No European hostel would be complete without unsightly lampshades and not to worry, these lampshades have been expertly ripped and stained to match the decor style.

No detail is left untouched or looked over. The walls are ripped in the corners to reveal holes; rust stains the pipes and bathroom corners; and, the pièce de résistance…the wallpaper, which amongst its brown striped pattern also gloriously showcases small black hairs. If you are missing your black lab back home you will surely be comforted by this design.

This hotel does give one a sense of a time warp and the most surprising part? It’s only six years old! Absolutely astonishing to see a company truly invest in and dedicate themselves to this type of decor.

I’m sure the surrounding bars (and even the hotel bar!) enjoy the decrepit flair of the AC hotel, as my husband and I had to drink ourselves nearly stupid before we could gather the courage to return to the room. We debated over brunch whether to eat the cost of another night and move over to the Westin across the street (where we would have to pay for another night, albeit in an actual hotel), or just suck it up and stay. I’m not sure staying was the right choice.

In all seriousness, please avoid this hotel. The National Harbor is a lovely place with fantastic restaurants and a vibrant atmosphere. Don’t dim your experience with the AC hotel which will surely leave a bad taste. Stay at the Westin or Marriott Residence Inn (which are both in the same immediate area!) for less money and certainly a more enjoyable rest. The Gaylord is only steps away and you don’t have to be a guest there to enjoy their wonderful interior. The Marriott family should be embarrassed of the AC hotel and will hopefully work on improving, or at the very least decreasing the price, of this disaster.

Date of stay: January 2022
Reviewed 12 December 2021

Terrible experience with Marriott regarding moving the reservation to another property. Marriott had zero consideration for my circumstance, or coordination between siloed properties. I was charged twice for my stay, once by each of the properties with zero help from Marriot after.

Date of stay: November 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Rick Sawyer, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott National Harbor Washington, DC Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2021

Namydit83,

I am very sorry to hear that things did not go as planned for your stay this weekend. We would like to better understand what took place so we can try and rectify the issue. Please call the hotel at 301-749-2299 and ask to speak with the manager on duty so your issues can be addressed.

Regards,