2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
AC HotelsUS$225
Expedia.comUS$225
Hotels.comUS$225
TravelocityUS$225
PricelineUS$225
FindHotelUS$225
All reviews ferris wheel hotel bar walking distance parking garage mini fridge room key king room gaylord lobby walrus waterfront elevator convention drawers properties
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

We were recommended this hotel by a friend.
The room was really small so if you like space this is not the room for you (King room)
The hotel was pretty and the ambiance was nice and the staff was very friendly but the room didn't match the hotel lobby. We were in walking distance to everything which was a good thing. There are no dressers or any place to put your clothes, there was no microwave, the plaster was falling the ceiling where the bathroom was at, it was mold in the shower ceiling and the shower floor wasn't clean. (Bring Lysol and shower cleaner or shower shoes).

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank saj8380
Reviewed 3 February 2021

In town for one night for a meeting. Staff was super friendly and accommodating, both over the phone in advance and during the stay (Leonard, the Manager(?) and two other female staff members). We were able to check in early and even check out late due to our rewards status. Hotel was not very busy (time of year vs. pandemic). Room was modern and the bed was EXTREMELY comfortable. Everything seemed clean (although I re-wipe everything anyway). The modern decor does not allow for a lot of storage space (drawers) or even a closet. Not an issue for one night, and we just worked out of our suitcases.

Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2020 via mobile

Okay, technically, the hotel is set one block away from the National Harbor waterfront. But, if you book one of their riverview rooms, you basically felt on the water. The hotel itself is located in the heart of downtown National Harbor, MD and within spitting distance of many restaurants, the Capital Ferris Wheel, and the many walkable streets and shops. The property has a very modern asthetic in the public areas as well as the guest rooms with all of the necsessary creature comforts as well as very large windows in the guest rooms. There was even an outdoor courtyard as well as a terrace overlooking the streets below. Access to a public parking garage across the street from the hotel was also really convenient. With the Gaylord Hotel being closed, this is definitely our family's new go-to property when we're in the National Harbor/Washington DC area!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2020 via mobile

My family (husband and 3 y/o) and I stayed at this hotel for a night. Communication was pretty poor- front desk did not notify us prior to check in that the front street is blocked off, where to park, and gave us a “inside” view instead of the street/“water” view as requested.
Check in was easy, positive note: we were able to check in a few hours early. We obtained 2 key cards and my key card was defective and would not work. Getting a new one was easy.

The room: I’m honestly not sure if they actually cleaned the room before checking in. There was leftover bowel movements in our toilet which all it would take is a flush to get rid of it (if they cleaned the bathroom). There was also remnants of marijuana on our bedspread. So I highly doubt anything was changed.

The room was “courtyard” side, which means we’re surrounds by buildings and can easily be seen in our room. Plus, any noise in the courtyard echos and makes any noise louder.
Positives: the bed was comfortable, modern style, and good water pressure. They also provided a small thing of hand sanitizer but no bar of soap.

At night, it seemed like it was a non stop party in the hallway and in the courtyard. Noise in the hotel travels and nothing is even the slightest sound proof.

Check out: quick and easy enough

Overall- for $200 a night with my family, I’d stay somewhere else. I might be ok with staying here if I was partying and got drunk enough to not care.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Rick Sawyer, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott National Harbor Washington, DC Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2020

jabenson0303,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience so we can make necessary improvements. Our goal is always to be memorable, but in your case it was mostly negative. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel if you would like to discuss each of your concerns. Thank you again for your feedback.

Regards,

Rick

Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

I hate that when I’m laying in bed, I can see movement from the other room
Not great choice of blinds and there’s a party going on so resting is not an option... the music is loud

Who designed this... not a good set up

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo

Extraordinary724752,

I am sorry to hear that you were not able to enjoy a restful stay while with us. Should you choose to return in the future, please let us know of any special room requests so we can reserve the perfect room for your needs.

Regards,